Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Autel Maxiscan Ms509 Good For Is 200?

Hi

Has anyone used the Autel MaxiScan MS509 fault scanner on their IS 200. It's available from amazon Prime but a review said he couldn't get it to work with a Honda. So, I'm wondering if it has a problem with Japanese cars.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006JXYH0G/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_t8wwsb0T5GS61

Thanks

The reason I was interested in this one was because it can show live data on the O2 sensors as well as other things. I think there may be an issue with the O2 sensors on my IS200 so this is an important feature.

Quick question, what's leading you to think there's a problem with your O2 sensors?

And in response to your question, I have a similar one to the second one that was posted. You'll find most of them are similar, and it works fine with my Lex. They don't support live data though.

The one you're looking at looks good for the money. I'd say it should work if my cheapo one does.

Quick question, what's leading you to think there's a problem with your O2 sensors?

And in response to your question, I have a similar one. You'll find most of them are similar, and it works fine with my Lex. They don't support much in the way of live data though.

When the car has been running a while, it often rattles and issues plumes of smoke, along with a loss in power. There was a smell of sulfur around the car and the exhausts seemed abnormally hot. Admittedly, I haven't had the car long and I've been told the exhaust does get very hot. I am trying to discount possibilities, so I thought that might help. I've now been told that the EML light would have come on if there were O2 sensor issues. Now think it is gunged up with oil so will be investigating that too.

Yes, I'd doubt the O2 sensors being at fault on the basis that there are two for normal running (one per bank). I'd say the chances of both being faulty is pretty low, but obviously not impossible. It would know if one was faulty against the other and tell you.

There is of course the post cat sensor, but that isn't worth worrying about in this instance.

I'd be tempted to give your base sensors a quick test though, such as air and water temp and manifold vacuum etc. These play a huge part in the way the car runs. But I am surprised you're not getting any form of DTC set, the Toyota/ Lexus system is normally quite good an recognizing rough running. Also the VVTi system may be worth checking over.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links