Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

30Day - 1000Mile Rule

Just saw this in a recall thread, can someone please tell me more about it?

I bought a lexus rx400h from Lexus Bradford jsut over a year ago and questioned the funny smell and wet looking carpets at the time but was assured it was due to a full valet having been done minutes prior to my pick up of the car.

Weeks later I contacted them saying I was not happy with the carpets, which looked to be chemically burned or that possibly someone tried to rectify a previous flooding of the interior and the smell persisted... They didn't want to know. Escalating it to the Lexus HQ did nothing, they just referred me to the ombudsman, at which point I gave up...

Now I am seeing this rule being mentioned in another thread and I feel my ***** starting to boil. Please explain for my peace of mind.

Yes, that is the thread that prompted me to make this one...

t doesn't explain what the rule is and what it applies to. We aren't talking about a recall here.

You have not made clear what "Rule" is troubling you? There is mention of a "rule" in the recall notice nor in the thread or associated posts etc.

t doesn't explain what the rule is and what it applies to. We aren't talking about a recall here.

You have not made clear what "Rule" is troubling you? There is mention of a "rule" in the recall notice nor in the thread or associated posts etc.

It's in the very thread you have linked me:

hi all,

mine is also to be recalled. only bought it just over 2 weeks ago. really have mixed feelings about this.

what you guys think? i can return the car as under the 30day/1000 mile rule

i know Lexus are putting right, but its just doesn't feel right if you know what i mean

What I am asking is: What is the 30day/1000 mile rule?

I'm guessing here but I think that is probably related to the Sale of Goods Act and you can return the car if unhappy if you've had it for less than 30 days or 1000 miles?

As you bought it over a year ago and second-hand, I would suggest it isn't relevant to you.

Seems unlike a Lexus dealer to be so uncaring about your issue? Have you got a pic of the dodgy carpet?

I'm guessing here but I think that is probably related to the Sale of Goods Act and you can return the car if unhappy if you've had it for less than 30 days or 1000 miles?

As you bought it over a year ago and second-hand, I would suggest it isn't relevant to you.

Seems unlike a Lexus dealer to be so uncaring about your issue? Have you got a pic of the dodgy carpet?

Aha, so it only applies to brand new cars? I realise it's well past the date now but if it applied to new cars only i am guessing it didn't affect me at any point in time then...

well I have no pictures that were taken at the time, but the carpets are still there and still stinking and still stained. I am sort of over it now anyway, just thinking about it then makes me blood boil though. And yes, given how much everyone raves on about the Lexus customer care, as my only experience with Lexus at the time I rated it worse than BMW park lane, and that is saying something...

hi all,

mine is also to be recalled. only bought it just over 2 weeks ago. really have mixed feelings about this.

i know Lexus are putting right, but its just doesn't feel right if you know what i mean

I had not looked at individual posts - it is buried amongst the comments made in response. It refers to a commercial offer made to buyers of second hand cars under the Lexus scheme I believe . In you case the time is well past.

hi all,

I had not looked at individual posts - it is buried amongst the comments made in response. It refers to a commercial offer made to buyers of second hand cars under the Lexus scheme I believe . In you case the time is well past.

Indeed.

What I am asking is COULD I have handed it back to them under this rule and SHOULD they have made me aware of this rule when I made the complaint, having been inside this rule at the time of complaint.

hi all,

Indeed.

What I am asking is COULD I have handed it back to them under this rule and SHOULD they have made me aware of this rule when I made the complaint, having been inside this rule at the time of complaint.

It will doubtless be in the paperwork somewhere so I suspect that you have little chance of such a claim working. Who has actually tried to cure it recently?

Sorry to read this sad tale Isee.

If my recent experience is anything to go by, the Exchange Scheme would have been detailed within the documentation provided to you by Lexus when you collected the car. In addition it has for some time been included in the Lexus U.K. website within the section referring to the purchase of a Pre-Owned Lexus vehicle.

Notwithstanding what I have said...you are where you are.....i.e. a dissatisfied Lexus customer and I would advise that you write to the Dealer Principal at Lexus Bradford explaining in as much detail as possible, what you have outlined in this thread. Provide as much information and contemporary documentations/notes etc and given that your current location seems to be far removed from Bradford, ask "if he would be willing for you to take the vehicle to your local Lexus dealer for it to be inspected and for them to comment upon the matters you have raised. Should they (your Local Dealer) support your views, and confirm the reasons for your current dissatisfaction, then you would expect the matter to be addressed by the LEXUS ORGANISATION to your satisfaction without cost to you"

I hope that this suggestion is of some use Isee.

Regards

Thanks for the replies guys.

to be perfectly honest I am well past it now, just asked out of some masochistic tendency. Like scratching a scabbed wound.

I have ordered a second hand carpet from e-bay, it doesn't look much better to be honest, but has no chemical burns or the damp smell unlike the one in my car. Will be taking it to the local Valet for a good clean, then get him to rip out the old one and install the new.

Should have probably gotten rid straight away but I can be strangely loyal to a vehicle like that. It's done a lot of miles, it is far from fresh looking inside, but it's been great mechanically and I would only sell it once I am ready to buy the rx450h or run it into the ground.

But will avoid Lexus Bradford like the plague from now on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links