Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D 2007 - Touchscreen Error

Hi

I've got a strange problem with my Is220d (2007) touchscreen. The problem occured while i was driving on the motorway, the sat Nav suddenly went off and all i could see was black screen with a message can not read data or something on those lines with an eject button on the left bottom corner. When i switched off the car and switched it to acc postion without having the engine on . The lexus logo flashes up on the screen for a few seconds followed by the below message:-

"Program can not be Read. Please consult with a dealer" and below that there are japanese writing.

I can access all the functions on the Right side of the screen by pressing the buttons such as audio, climate control,display but can not access any functions on the left side apart from "info" buttom. Maps, dest, menu, when i press these nothing happens just the messages flashes up again.

Another thing i noticed in the information menu alot of icons have disppeared the only one i can see are Telephone, Language and screen settings. The voice recognition works fine on telephone commands when pressing the phone button on the steering wheel but nolonger works on radio command or climate control.

After reading on here regarding sat nav issue i opened the front clock display to gain access to the sat navi dvd. I had to touch the screen top and bottom the dvd ejected. I inserted the dvd back in but nothing happens i get the same message. Can some one please help me?

MY dvd markings are 86271-53031/ 86271-60V661A 2006-2007 Ver.2

post-48710-0-89693300-1386532148_thumb.j

post-48710-0-77123000-1386532158_thumb.j

post-48710-0-86742000-1386532168_thumb.j

Ok guyz i might aswell answer my own question ;) Got the dreaded Error message sorted by removing and dismantling the Sat Nav /DVD module. The removal procedure for the multimedia console is already listed by dirtydog under the topic of " Uk Dvd And Phone Hack Instructions Is220d Manual". It seems in my case the laser on the DVD player was not picking the DVD disc, this could've been due to dirt on the laser or even the ribbon cables being dislodged. Anyway its all sorted, saved alot of £££ and headache.

I've take some pictures on how to dismantle the Sat Nav module / DVD player .May be these will help some other members in resolving this problem before forking out alot of money for a replacement.

post-48710-0-69218500-1386963165_thumb.jpost-48710-0-88055200-1386963170_thumb.jpost-48710-0-67828800-1386963177_thumb.jpost-48710-0-75283300-1386963182_thumb.jpost-48710-0-62572600-1386963212_thumb.jpost-48710-0-37504300-1386963286_thumb.jpost-48710-0-36576000-1386963308_thumb.jpost-48710-0-70333300-1386963330_thumb.jpost-48710-0-44494000-1386963340_thumb.jpost-48710-0-45004600-1386963347_thumb.j

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but did your voice commands still work although the SatNav was inoperable?

I have the same error message but, voice commands is also unresponsive? (his happened after replacing the battery)

Ok guyz i might aswell answer my own question ;) Got the dreaded Error message sorted by removing and dismantling the Sat Nav /DVD module. The removal procedure for the multimedia console is already listed by dirtydog under the topic of " Uk Dvd And Phone Hack Instructions Is220d Manual". It seems in my case the laser on the DVD player was not picking the DVD disc, this could've been due to dirt on the laser or even the ribbon cables being dislodged. Anyway its all sorted, saved alot of £££ and headache.

I've take some pictures on how to dismantle the Sat Nav module / DVD player .May be these will help some other members in resolving this problem before forking out alot of money for a replacement.

I'd not seen this thread before...

Good effort Abdul. Glad you got it sorted.

Not wishing to ask a silly question, but, did you try loading a laser cleaning disc first? I assume you can load it let it spin for a minute or so and then eject it. No idea if you would get the associated dialogue on the cleaning disc...but seems worth a try in the first instance.

Anyway...good work in getting a result.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Sorry for the late response been away on business.

@ Vissie -The voice command did not work while the sat nav was inoperable. I got bit worried myself, since i couldn't understand why that didn't work. I later on found out that once you insert the dvd ( full version with the firmware) not just map updates. Everything works as it should.

@ Normski2 - Yes i did try a cd cleaner but did not work for me. Had to result in opening the unit but since i've done that its been great so far.

Abdul.... You ought to put your post no2 in the How To guide for the is mk2 2005 onwards. I'm sure a lot of people may find your explanation very informative and many help them solve an issue.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links