Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tire Question-Should I?

Hello folks,I wonder if a problem would occur if I fit all the same 225/45 r17 on my car,even lexus specifics for the rears is 245/45 17.I know some MB struggle when u do that and they end up with bad differentials.As a newbie to the forum and totally new to Lexus cars.I'd rather ask first

Thanks

As long as the last two sizes are the same as the originals it won't make any difference. All you are changing is the tyre width ( side to side ) size. This has no effect on the speedometer accuracy or the rear diff operation, it will however alter the contact area of each tyre with the road surface. That small a change should not affect the tyre seating on the wheel rim but you may need slightly more air pressure in the tyre than before. your tyre fitter will be able to advise you.

As long as the last two sizes are the same as the originals it won't make any difference. All you are changing is the tyre width ( side to side ) size. This has no effect on the speedometer accuracy or the rear diff operation, it will however alter the contact area of each tyre with the road surface. That small a change should not affect the tyre seating on the wheel rim but you may need slightly more air pressure in the tyre than before. your tyre fitter will be able to advise you.

I tend to disagree because its not only the width you change but the height too,because the 225 is lower than the 245 although they both say 45,the 45 index is 45% height of the width meaning you get about 9mm difference in height(this is what i know for tires),and from what i hear talking to people(mechanics) that can confuse the stabilization system of the car as the computer takes info from the axles ABS rings....which makes sense,but I'd like to get the opinions of both sides

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links