Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newby Requiring Info On My Possible Purchase

philip3350

hi all, im new to this great site and im on the verge of buying my new car. I was wondering if any off you good people could shed a bit of light on the car?

http://images.howemotors.co.uk/vehicles/lexus-is-saloon-200-2-0-se-4dr-03b871eee6697852af493964eb5eb41c-400x300.jpg

BLUE, Totally unique, Banzai Magazine Feature car with over £30,000
spent on tuning. Turbocharged rocket, with 300+ BHP on tap. Heavily
modified, road prepared IS200 with massive specification. 1G-FE engine
with JE Forged rod, pistons, and rings, HKS intake, HKS GT-RS turbo, HKS
hard pipe kit, HKS Front Mounted intercooler, HKS SSQV, HKS FCon V-Pro
engine management, Aquamist 3D Mappable water injection, HKS EVC V Boost
controller, Walbro 340 fuel pump, 550cc injectors, HKS FCD, Kazama
exhaust, HKS Circle earth, Helix race clutch, HKS Hyper Dampers II
coilovers, HKS Bushes, Cusco strut brace. All work including mapping
done by accredited TDI Torque Developments. Covered ONLY 72,000 miles,
in outstanding condition, the build sheet is too extensive to list. Five
page magazine spread, this one off example must be seen.

this is the car im looking at. Any input would be great. Many thanks, Phil

My concern would be insurance and that anything that modified would be difficult and expensive to repair if anything did go wrong.

You will need the paint code. Check inside panels to make sure the car has been sprayed properly.

If you are happy with it then go for it.

Stu

That was originally Simonskippy's car then Daz owned it - get a full check done on it before you even think about parting with any money as from what I remember it was rather bent up at one point ;)

That was originally Simonskippy's car then Daz owned it - get a full check done on it before you even think about parting with any money as from what I remember it was rather bent up at one point ;)

Thanks for that, i think i might give it a miss if its been in the scenery!!

How bad was it??

Given the mileage is incorrect and you now know it has been in a accident, not sure why you are still interested? Bent, clocked, heavily modified, nothing but issues here chap.

How bad was it??

Pretty bad, If I remember correctly a grass bank & lampost were involved - never went through insurance though (would have probably been written off it it had of) so won't show up on checks, hence I think that's how Daz bought it as he wasn't aware of the history at the time.

Philip Welcome :)

Guys the link that is supplied it does not show mileage.... it just says suggested average mileage of a car of its age.

It is not the mileage the specific car should have. It says to be used as a guide only in order to judge if a car has high mileage for its age or not.

I usually leave a modified car alone... and look for a fairly standard car so I can modify it my self. at least then I know if a car has been loved or not.

My IS300 gonne to the new owner about 6 months ago as we still keep in contact he sents me pictures of extra mods he has done lol :) so at least it has gonne to a good home and cherished.

If you buy it dead cheap!! then get it as a strip car and get another box standard with low mileage and install the mods on the other one ;) I would concider that.

But the price advertised even if it is proved that it has not had an accident... and it is genuine mileage (I assume the picture with the 150000... is removed as I cannot see it lol) it is OVER PRiced!!

Noone should expect to sell a car that is worth £1,800 in a mint condition for £4,450!????

We all know that we modify our cars for our liking not to increase the value... the mods never add to the value (usually put buyers off) so it would be worth less.

Not that it's particularly relevant but when Si sold it in September 04 it had 29K on the clock. I'm not sure how many miles Daz added before he sold it on.

Looking at the photo's it seems to still have the orginal sound system (£5k+) in the boot which at the time it was installed (2002) it really made it one of a kind (I remember crowds of LOC'ers droolling over it)

One thing that is wrong on the advert though is that the JE forged pistons, rods etc were never fitted & sold separately, afaik.

To be honest the best way to look on it is that as parts its worth possibly equals the asking price :rolleyes:

The mileage discrepancies are on the e-bay add, it's on there as well. The add says 72k, although pic of speedo showing 150k has been removed. Online car check still says just under 90.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-200-not-Altezza-RS-HKS-GT-RS-Turbo-FCon-V-Pro-300-BHP-Banzai-Feature-/200965099665?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eca741091

Hi Ian,

Indeed is has been removed from the ad as well, must be that the advertiser is following this conversation and has taken appropriate action removing evidence lol.

I still cannot understand though where did you see the mileage online?

It cannot be from here as they do not show the actual mileage of the car, they mention that their estimation is just to be used as a guide.

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/FreeCheck?reg=ov51+fjd&make=lexus

Hi Ian,

Indeed is has been removed from the ad as well, must be that the advertiser is following this conversation and has taken appropriate action removing evidence lol.

It cannot be from here as they do not show the actual mileage of the car, they mention that their estimation is just to be used as a guide.

Just seen this thread.

Janey is right this was pranged pretty bad. It's come up a few times on Facebook and other forums in the past year and quite a few people know it and always say less than complimentary things about it. That's all I know and not my opinion ;)

• 1 month later...

Be careful, advert says 71.000 mls, online check says nearly 90,000. what else is incorrect????

Given the mileage is incorrect and you now know it has been in a accident, not sure why you are still interested? Bent, clocked, heavily modified, nothing but issues here chap.

Just noticed the pic in the ad shows 150.000.....seriously leave well alone.

Philip Welcome :)

Guys the link that is supplied it does not show mileage.... it just says suggested average mileage of a car of its age.

It is not the mileage the specific car should have. It says to be used as a guide only in order to judge if a car has high mileage for its age or not.

I usually leave a modified car alone... and look for a fairly standard car so I can modify it my self. at least then I know if a car has been loved or not.

My IS300 gonne to the new owner about 6 months ago as we still keep in contact he sents me pictures of extra mods he has done lol :) so at least it has gonne to a good home and cherished.

If you buy it dead cheap!! then get it as a strip car and get another box standard with low mileage and install the mods on the other one ;) I would concider that.

But the price advertised even if it is proved that it has not had an accident... and it is genuine mileage (I assume the picture with the 150000... is removed as I cannot see it lol) it is OVER PRiced!!

Noone should expect to sell a car that is worth £1,800 in a mint condition for £4,450!????

We all know that we modify our cars for our liking not to increase the value... the mods never add to the value (usually put buyers off) so it would be worth less.

Not that it's particularly relevant but when Si sold it in September 04 it had 29K on the clock. I'm not sure how many miles Daz added before he sold it on.

Looking at the photo's it seems to still have the orginal sound system (£5k+) in the boot which at the time it was installed (2002) it really made it one of a kind (I remember crowds of LOC'ers droolling over it)

One thing that is wrong on the advert though is that the JE forged pistons, rods etc were never fitted & sold separately, afaik.

To be honest the best way to look on it is that as parts its worth possibly equals the asking price :rolleyes:

The mileage discrepancies are on the e-bay add, it's on there as well. The add says 72k, although pic of speedo showing 150k has been removed. Online car check still says just under 90.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-200-not-Altezza-RS-HKS-GT-RS-Turbo-FCon-V-Pro-300-BHP-Banzai-Feature-/200965099665?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eca741091

Hi Ian,

Hello there,I have just read this thread as I am the new owner of the car in question.Jus

t to clarify a few things.

1. I'm not to sure what happened with the mileage display on the for sale advert,perhaps the pics was from another Lexus,who knows but I can tell you I have all the previous MOTs and the service history and the mileage is correct at just over 70k and the car drives superbly well.

2. With reguards to the JE forged piston/rods etc. they were fitted as I have spoken to owner who actually re built the engine at that time.

Thanks.Lee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links