Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks To Lexus Woodford - Latest Dvd Maps

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Sherry Goodhew at Lexus Woodford for getting me the 2014 map DVD's for my car. :)

Cost was £153.94 including VAT and delivery, which I thought was pretty reasonable considering what other manufacturers are charging.

Mine was still running off the original 2008 DVD, so needed updating.

Removing/replacing the disc was very straightforward. Luckily I had the tools you use to remove the clock assembly in my toolkit. :)

Yep. It was on your recommendation that I decided to use them as my service/parts dealer too. ;)

Looks like it's just the roads, POI etc that have been updated Stu.

Worthwhile though as there have been plenty of changes on our roads since 2008!

They've also mapped more roads than they had in 2008 (went through an area that was devoid of anything with the old disc, now fully mapped with the roads, nearby towns etc).

You get all of Europe as well so 4 discs (you only use the West Europe disc for the UK roads), so seemed like good value to me. :)

There are 2 precision screwdriver looking tools that were in the slot on the spine of the toolkit. You just need to insert them in the two little holes either side of the clock display, then lever the display out. The DVD slot is hidden behind it. You access the eject function from the menu on the display (don't try ejecting before you remove the clock, or the disc will break!).

It really is a 5min job if you have the tools that is! ;)

Thats the dealer i use for serviving.

Let me know what the difference is as mine is running 2008. Assume just road, POI updates?

Stu

Are you sure you are running 2008 DVDs? Can you enter a destination while the car is moving? If you can't then you are indeed running an old version of the DVDs and you should definitely upgrade as they unlocked entry in motion since I think 2010.

Mine won't allow you to amend while driving so definitely the old disc. Winds me up!

That's reason enough to upgrade. Does it allow you to use phone functions while driving or is that separate?

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links