Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Vibration

ldavies7

Hi,

I have replaced my engine as the last one had seized. Long story why but it accelerated by itself and over revved uncontrollably seizing the main bearings on the crank. Was more financially suitable for me to get it replaced than repaired. Anyway after the engine was replaced the car started fine, took it for a drive and there is a real vibration when getting from 2500 revs, when the boost kicks in. Also when i stop the engine there is a wining noise from the engine, like air is escaping. I have found this noise stops when the vacuum valve is removed from the Turbo wastegate or the valve for the EGR. Not sure which one as i need to remove the turbo to follow the pipe. Also when i was driving the car over started to accelerate on its own and then revved uncontrollably again but this time i managed to save it. What on earth is going on??? Does anybody have any ideas what this could be? The vibration is still there when in park and revved up, but not as bad as when under load. Really fed up with it now and have chucked a lot of money at it. I have also replaced the turbo thinking this could be the problem with the oil seals. But still no joy turbo was fine now stuck with a spare turbo :megaangry:

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links