Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That EXACT scenario happened to me by a person in a BMW in Germany on the autobahn

I was overtaking a line of lorries at approx 95mph and a BMW came racing up behind me 2 inches off my bumper and flashed me out of the way

Now normally I would move but his behaviour matched with my right foot meant I dropped a few gears resulting in him being a small dot in my mirror.

I was too scared to look down whilst accelerating but when I started slowing down I took a glimpse at the speedo at 140mph

Anyway that is the fastest I have ever driven in a car and I didn't like it

I will just stick to 70mph in the inside lane with the cruise control on in future and watch the world go by !!!!

When I said "put them in their place" I meant because he was acting like a door handle (a round one) and revving his car up at the lights - So what?

This is the only time I feel that someone needs to have their windows blown in by a canal barge. - Why?

I do not entertain street racing, just a quick blip and then carry on at the speed limit with the cruise control on. - So if you were at the speed limit, and you gave a quick blip, and then remained at the speed limit, what did you achieve? And if you weren't at the speed limit, blipped up to the speed limit, "blowing their windows in", then remained at the speed limit, and the "aggressor" passed you, what did you achieve?

Also undertaking is not illegal and such offence doesn't exist as the law is "keep left where possible"

IMO if you are undertaken then you were in the wrong as you were not "keeping left"

But that is just my opinion and I do not wish to open a can of worms by stating this.

Actually, undertaking is illegal if you deliberately change into the left lane to pass someone, and then back into the right lane to pass someone else. Please, do your homework before trying to be an authority - either on the internet, or worse, on the road....

<snip>

Ah, the oracle is here! hurrah!

That EXACT scenario happened to me by a person in a BMW in Germany on the autobahn

I was overtaking a line of lorries at approx 95mph and a BMW came racing up behind me 2 inches off my bumper and flashed me out of the way

Now normally I would move but his behaviour matched with my right foot meant I dropped a few gears resulting in him being a small dot in my mirror.

I was too scared to look down whilst accelerating but when I started slowing down I took a glimpse at the speedo at 140mph

Anyway that is the fastest I have ever driven in a car and I didn't like it

I will just stick to 70mph in the inside lane with the cruise control on in future and watch the world go by !!!!

Wait, let me get this straight. You went up to and over a speed you were scared to be at, didn't like, haven't been at before, and therefore weren't experienced to knowingly be safe at, just so you could prove a point to a stranger you'll never likely ever meet again?

Wow, you're a hero!

I stick to the inside lane where I can and then overtake if there is someone in my way and then undertake when the road is clear in front of me

What is wrong with this ?

By the way can you find the EXACT law in the road traffic act to back up your previous point please, I have looked for it but it seems to have been ruled out in 1972 and replaced with "careless driving" which is basically the discression of the officer who accuses you of the offence.

Yes I put my foot down in a car that I know can handle them speeds just because I had a BMW on my rear bumper, I had a clear road ahead of me and I was trying to keep a safe distance from my rear bumper to his front bumper because the driver behind clearly wasn't, when I thought the safe distance was achieved I pulled over and slowed back down to a speed where I felt SAFER driving at.

I was not scared to be at these speeds I was just scared to take my eyes off of the road. It is a bit different as I don't think anyone is relaxed at them sort of speeds and I wanted to give my driving 100% of my attention. It must of worked because I made it home in 1 piece !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links