Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone managed to connect a third generation IS250 to a WiFi network? I get as far as "authentication" and then "receiving IP address"; then, after a couple of minutes, the "connection unsuccessful " notification. I am definitely entering in the correct passphrases and, in one series of attempts, the WiFi hotspot was within a few feet of the car and the signal strength was high. My router is a BT HomeHub 3 , although I can't see why this might prevent the car from being connected, as it doesn't mind visitors' iPads, mobile phones and the like. Any suggestions?

First thing to try is disabling the security on your BT hub and try to connect the car to it... Obviously don't leave it unsecured but a couple of minutes won't harm... This way you can confirm if it's an authentication issue with the security.

Another thing to look at is the logs within your BT hub... It should show you it trying to allocate the ip address to your car. If that is the case try looking for the cars MAC address and pre-allocating it (ip reservation).

First thing to try is disabling the security on your BT hub and try to connect the car to it... Obviously don't leave it unsecured but a couple of minutes won't harm... This way you can confirm if it's an authentication issue with the security.

Another thing to look at is the logs within your BT hub... It should show you it trying to allocate the ip address to your car. If that is the case try looking for the cars MAC address and pre-allocating it (ip reservation).

I have already tried disabling the Homehub3 firewall and i don't think that the problem is with the encryption (WPA2) passphrase as entering in an incorrect one deliberately gets an error message to that effect. I have had a look at the router Event Log but can't see any indication of an attempt to allocate an IP address but I'll follow up on your suggestion about looking for the car's MAC address and see if there is anything there that might help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links