Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have to say that I don't see the point of a DVD player in this car. Who is going to watch it and when???

Agree re the ml system. Epic sound!

I have quite a lot of music DVD's and some DVD audio (DVDA) discs too. The surround sound feature is most enjoyable....wouldn't be able to play those with a CD drive.

Ok the pic is blanked once the footbrake is released. But that's for safety. I see our US cousins have put up a workaround ( with a bit of wire snipping) for this to make the screen work whilst driving. Bit iffy..I know they say it's for the passenger to watch but the driver has to resist temptation. There is, quite possibly, a potential insurance issue there... but, equally, there are plenty of aftermarket Nav/DVD players fitted to cars on our roads. I see them all the time. Even seen live TV channels showing in cars on the move.

The US workaround to play DVDs when moving demonstrates why so many of our American cousins feature in the Darwin Awards. In the UK not all laws seem to make sense; but it is totally reasonable that it is an offence to have a device fitted or adapted to display video images which are visible to the driver when the car is in motion. We choose to have laws like this protect our f**kwits from themselves - but like those forbidding the use of hand-held mobiles by drivers, they are seemingly too difficult to enforce.

I agree.

Yesterday a 38 tonne articulated truck went by on the main road as I went to buy some milk. I was flabbergasted to see the driver looking rapidly up then down because he was studying a large map open and rested on his steering wheel!!!! :tsktsk: :iraqi-info-minister:

That was insanely scary.

The only time I can think of is when I'll be waiting outside somewhere for the wife and daughter. Which reminds me, must stash an emergency DVD in the car

That just screams dodgy Neil! Lol. ;)

Change your profile by the way. ;)

Not looking anymore!!

Glad you're enjoying it so far mate. Really are cracking motors.

Loving mine. :)

Cheers.

Peter

lol, it did occur to me that it might construed that way, but what the hell... ;)

I agree.

Yesterday a 38 tonne articulated truck went by on the main road as I went to buy some milk. I was flabbergasted to see the driver looking rapidly up then down because he was studying a large map open and rested on his steering wheel!!!! :tsktsk: :iraqi-info-minister:

That was insanely scary.

Yeah, not good! I've noticed a few lorry drivers busy texting etc :angry:

On a different note, the previous owner left a note in the service book, describing how much he loved the car and that he hopes it goes to a good home. He also left an email address for the new owner to contact him, which I have done.

Very nice chap who had it from new. He's in his late 60's but previously raced bikes and cars; he also tracked the ISF a couple of times a year at Goodwood or Silverstone. He's even offered for me to come down and meet him at Goodwood so he can take me out in his new car. All in all I'm very chuffed that the previous owner is a car enthusiast, as even though it's been tracked, I suspect he respected the car and new how to drive it properly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links