Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, today I finally bought one. I actually didn't think it was going to happen, what with current building work on my house, and the boiler and washing machine also packing up, denting my funds. But a bit of negotiating with Lexus Guildford, and the good wife, I bought this 09 Cadoxton slate, with 40k miles and one previous owner. To say I'm chuffed is a mild understatement

Drove back today, the little one fast asleep in the back, effortlessly cruising along, with the poor wife trying to keep up in the Jazz :) I even managed 31.6 mpg average.

Will try and take a few more pics at the weekend, and also fit the K&N.

post-47806-0-32665800-1395699788_thumb.j

Nice car...that colour was my second choice if I couldn't get the blue one. I really like that colour when it's clean and the sun is shining. Looks great.

No idea how you managed that mpg though..I never can get it past 24 no matter how I drive.

Good to know they see a few of them. Used to run a Landcruiser before, other cars I've had included a chipped S60 D5, that was surprisingly fast but my favourite was a Scimitar I ran for a long time. Did a lot to it and it really ran well, used to frighten hot hatch drivers with it :)

Nice work. They service my car and I was there yesterday dropping it off.

Looks like at least 3 of us use them.

What cars have you had in the last chap?

Stu

Ha, I'm amazed we didn't cross paths then. We left at about 1:30ish

Some of my car history highlights include:

R33 GTR Vspec

Supra TT 6spd

Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2 Gialla

1985 HJ60 Land Cruiser

S2000

Integra Type R

Civic Type R

And I've still got my R32 GTST track car

Looks like my work commute is going to be more like 24 mpg. It really doesn't like the slow traffic...

Nice cars! Lances delta!!! Boom. Any pics of it??

I left early doors at 9:30 ish.

Stu

Yup, a couple

One car I have always wanted...one day I will.

Must have been a sad day when you let that go.

Huge Congrats Neil. :)

Car looks stunning chap.

Look forward to seeing it in person at some point. ;)

See we've also both been Supra owners in the past! Small world! Lol.

Best of luck with it chap.

Any plans to modify it yet? Just curious!! ;)

Cheers.

Peter :)

Nice cars! Lances delta!!! Boom. Any pics of it??

I left early doors at 9:30 ish.

Stu

Yup, a couple

One car I have always wanted...one day I will.

Must have been a sad day when you let that go.

Definitely, though I was using it as my daily, and it was a bit temperamental, so it wasn't ideal. That and I was a wee bit young, so the cost of running it was breaking me a little. It ended up going to America, after similar interest from Australia.

Huge Congrats Neil. :)

Car looks stunning chap.

Look forward to seeing it in person at some point. ;)

See we've also both been Supra owners in the past! Small world! Lol.

Best of luck with it chap.

Any plans to modify it yet? Just curious!! ;)

Cheers.

Peter :)

Thanks Peter, I'm just starting to enjoy it more now. Before I was a bit overwhelmed with all bloody functions, and programming the nav is still a pita, but I'm beginning to relax and enjoy it a bit more now. Though I wish it didn't have the MPG data, as I'm finding I'm watching that more than anything else!

I will be fitting my K&N, that I've had sitting around for 6 months, this weekend. I was intending to get an exhaust, but what with everything going on I'm going to have to put it on the back burner for a while. In the meantime I can do some cheap personalisations, such as tinker with the geometry, maybe change the grille to a body coloured or gunmetal... will have to see.

Yup, great minds ay? ;) Were you on MKiv Owners forum? I had mine around 2006/2007. My brother (MrHankyXmaspoo) and friend (JohnnyKnox) were on there too. Our cars below. Mine is the Silver, my bro's the blue, and my friend's the grey

post-47806-0-49696000-1395862456_thumb.j

Nice trio you had there mate. :)

Yes chap, been involved with the mkiv forum since back in 2003! ;)

As per other posts, I'm goof friends with Paul Whiffin of Whifbitz.

Shout anytime if you have any questions about your IS-F.

There are a few of us on here that are relatively new owners, so starting to look at a few mods. ;)

Lighting is a good one. See my Productive Day thread.

Going to try and do the fogs and main beams next. Should look the part! :)

Cheers.

Peter

I got round to fitting the K&N this weekend, and my word it sounds so much better. I always found the standard intake to sound a little too synthetic, like a symposer. Now it has a hard edge to it, and it doesn't disappear when below 3500rpm.

Also noticed that the standard airbox, when flap is open, draws air in from the corner of the engine bay, the same as the K&N, so arguments that the K&N will draw in warm air are totally pointless.

Anyway, I'm exceedingly chuffed :)

Well I did a 100 mile round trip today, with a mix of motorway and city driving, and I averaged about 27mpg. I'll be interested to see how my work journey is. But any change is probably more down to a happier right foot :)

I'm also loving the sound system, but I've not tried a DVD yet (though I'm not sure when I'll actually find a use for it). The satnav is somewhat frustrating, when trying to program it.

The only time I can think of is when I'll be waiting outside somewhere for the wife and daughter. Which reminds me, must stash an emergency DVD in the car

The only time I can think of is when I'll be waiting outside somewhere for the wife and daughter. Which reminds me, must stash an emergency DVD in the car

That just screams dodgy Neil! Lol. ;)

Change your profile by the way. ;)

Not looking anymore!!

Glad you're enjoying it so far mate. Really are cracking motors.

Loving mine. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links