Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone changed their thermostat on their IS250? I am considering changing mine as a precuation and because my coolant change is due. I had a failing radiator pressure cap which caused overheating last year, so since I am changing the coolant I thought it would be good to change the thermostat too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi James, I did changed the thermostat on mine but I have 220D so not 100% its in the same spot though. ..should be. Anyway, it took me around 2hours to reach and take the old one out :-0 its a loads of hosepipe to move away and I dont think I'll do it again plus in top of that, when job finnished all lights on dashboard came on so I need it reset ecu by removing overnight the Battery. Relief in the morning when everything was back to normal. I deffo won't do it again. But that just me. The worst to reach was the 3 screws wich are holding the thermostat literally were pain in the ars to remove as needs special extensions. Maybe with right tools I don't know but I alone I was struggling. Hope ur doing better then me.

Hi sorry didn't know where else to ask this. I have a lexus is200. Aslong as the overflow tank is full it run fine and stays at temp, but when Check the overflow tank after going anywhere it's almost emty. I have plugged it in and it come up with "engine coolant temp malfunction" while plugged in I noticed that them temp sat at 70-80c but when ignition is off it drop to -50 any ideas where to start. Engine temp sensor, thermostat? Many thanks Matt.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links