Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I need help as my IS250 has developed an anoying squeek from the passangers side of the dash. It sounds like it's beween the bulkhead and glovebox. I have read the thread about removing the satnav/cd player but was wondering if there is an easy way to get the air vent out to see if the noise is coming from that area?

A local garage have had a quick look but couldn't pin it down. I don't particularly want to have to pay Lexus to remove the whole dash.

Hi wallace try and push on dash where it meets the screen if noise goes away then to cure it properly will req dash removal as there are some white dash mounting clips at the rear of dash that need packing out with some felt or sponge also when dash is out pack out demist vents and flange on bulkhead. We used to grease where clips located too certainly stopped it squeaking!! Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

You could maybe try a spray lube type thing and spray that in the title spaces where it meets the screen etc.

The centre top vents are easily taken out .theres little push clip things you push up with a small screwdriver then it pulls out. There's a clip on you tube is250 stereo removal . That shows you how .

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for replies. Well Lexus Wolverhampton had the car for three days and still can't solve the noise so it's back in tomorrow. They had the windscreen out??? and welded the A post???. Its defo heat related as when we were on holiday last week and the car was left to heat up in the sun (Derbyshire) it was quiet, but on a cold morning it's noisy straight away.

Hi James,

I like many others had this problem but managed to sort it out for about £3 - See the link below and read my comment on page to comment no 24

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/71783-dashboard-rattlecreak-sound-please-help-me/page-2

Lexus want to charge £450 for dash out and new clips in :( I have not had any creaking or cracking since I have shoved the spong pads on both corners and the centre of the dash.

Good Luck!!

Hi again, problem sorted at last by a second visit to Lexus Wolverhampton. They re-spot-welded the LH A pillar but found the nearside crossbar "insecure" so "resecured and retightened" it. Now it's back to normal. So it seems that it can be caused by many things not just a loose dash or heating vents.

Thanks all for input.

Jim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links