Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Space Saver Tyre

glyno

I know car company I work for have now started to offer features which are normally standard as option. 60/40 rear seats, cigarette lighters as an example.

Which company is that then?

I know car company I work for have now started to offer features which are normally standard as option. 60/40 rear seats, cigarette lighters as an example.

Which company is that then?
Let's just say they are a luxury brand. Not Lexus.

Hi just got the wheelbarrow tyre I really hate the goo, managed to cut bottom out of tray and fibre glassed it back in at a angle to accommodate the new tyre (it will not sit flat) all sit well now no rattles

post-47138-0-96116300-1427742909_thumb.j

post-47138-0-68817200-1427742932_thumb.j

post-47138-0-03853800-1427742943_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Hey adam, any updates on your spare wheel?

Ian that looks awesome! so you cut the whole of the base of the tray and put it back together but the tray is now shallower?

Hi Kwai168 that's it exactly cut out the bottom and fibre glass it back then covered it with a thin carpet from e bay if you get it right (more by luck than judgement)it sits on the spare and stops any rattles.

Hey adam, any updates on your spare wheel?

Ian that looks awesome! so you cut the whole of the base of the tray and put it back together but the tray is now shallower?

Hi, yes, sorted it out. I can't add photos on here, so message me and I will send some photos.

I actually bought the correct parts from Lexus other than tool tray. Neat job with no rattles.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian, if you don't mind, when you get a chance, can you give me a few measurements of the depth of the tray that you modded to fit a spare wheel, as I would probably want to do this myself at some point.

Thanks in advanced!

Update to my last post.......

I have now purchased the following:-

Spare wheel £120

Spare wheel bolt £5.85

Under boot tray £48

Trunk carpet £ 60 ( thinner when spare is fitted with tray )

So for just over £230 I have virtually completely converted from repair kit to spare. I have spread the cost over 4/5 months so not much of a shock buying all at once.

I will post some images once complete in next week or so. Will look factory fitted and hopefully will help me sell when time comes.

Thanks for pictures Adam. Boot looks nice and clean. I'm bit confused, as previously I have read and been told that you would have to spend over 500 quid for all the boot parts, as polystyrene tray and carpet would not fit on their own. Looking at your pictures seems like nice / perfect fit, or are there any gaps etc.?

Just to clarify - by trunk carpet you mean boot tray cover that folds in half?

Thanks for pictures Adam. Boot looks nice and clean. I'm bit confused, as previously I have read and been told that you would have to spend over 500 quid for all the boot parts, as polystyrene tray and carpet would not fit on their own. Looking at your pictures seems like nice / perfect fit, or are there any gaps etc.?

Just to clarify - by trunk carpet you mean boot tray cover that folds in half?

You do have to buy polystyrene tray and carpet together. Carpet will fit on its own but as its thinner it will not support any load. Repair kit carpet is reinforced.

You can use current tray with spare wheel and you cannot use current carpet with spare wheel tray.

The fit and finish is as you will see on newer cars with spare wheel.

I did not buy jack/tool tray as these retail at £140. I just placed tools into new tray and mounted jack under right hand tail lamp wrapped in cloth. Best if you look at car in dealer with spare wheel to understand what it all looks like and where jack is located.

Thanks. I have seen new CT, but some parts - like tool tray you metioned or jack holder are way too expensive. I do not use any tray at the moment, have raised the edges where tray normally sits and put the old carpet. Thanks to this boot floor is flat. I did carry few heavy things without any issues so I can not agree that the carpet does not support any load. But I'm tempted to get OEM like functionality with the tray. Thanks for sharing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links