Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Southampton

Just a big thanks to Lexus Southampton.

I was down that way last week when my IS220D dropped into limp home mode again (4 times in 18 months) usual engine management light and check VSC. Yes you guessed it the EGR system was banjaxed yet again.

It was a Thursday afternoon and I just arrived there without appointment and in need of getting my car over 150 miles home. They said they would look at it and they did so while my wife and I were looked after in the showroom.

They confirmed my diagnosis and recommended a complete EGR system replacement. Outside of warranty it is not an option as the parts prices alone would be eye watering. They didn't have the parts in stock anyway, and coming up to the Bank Holiday could only fix it the following week.

Despite us not having the car repaired there they didn't charge for the inspection and diagnostics either. Top notch, they were very good to us.

As we couldn't wait 'down south' that long I decided to drive around the issue.....which comprises of keeping up the revs (2500-3000 usually helps), and avoid slowing down if possible. If the car misbehaves badly then park up for 5 minutes and start again. We managed the car home and the EGR system has been cleaned again.....this time it's the last for me. After 56000 miles the car has got to go. It's not acceptable that what is a non service item needs maintenance twice a year, or else the car lets you down. The poor fuel economy and the expensive servicing regime every 10000 miles don't help either. If I had researched the car better I could and should have avoided it. Nice frock hides a dog underneath.

I'm going back to Mercedes; I don't think Lexus are bad 'per se' but this model stinks, and despite Toyota having an engine deal with BMW no chance of a BMW diesel Lexus EVER.

Please dont advertise items for sale unless you are a Gold member.

Edited by IHgs300
non gold selling

I was down that way last week when my IS220D dropped into limp home mode again (4 times in 18 months) usual engine management light and check VSC. Yes you guessed it the EGR system was banjaxed yet again.

It was a Thursday afternoon and I just arrived there without appointment and in need of getting my car over 150 miles home. They said they would look at it and they did so while my wife and I were looked after in the showroom.

They confirmed my diagnosis and recommended a complete EGR system replacement. Outside of warranty it is not an option as the parts prices alone would be eye watering. They didn't have the parts in stock anyway, and coming up to the Bank Holiday could only fix it the following week.

Despite us not having the car repaired there they didn't charge for the inspection and diagnostics either. Top notch, they were very good to us.

As we couldn't wait 'down south' that long I decided to drive around the issue.....which comprises of keeping up the revs (2500-3000 usually helps), and avoid slowing down if possible. If the car misbehaves badly then park up for 5 minutes and start again. We managed the car home and the EGR system has been cleaned again.....this time it's the last for me. After 56000 miles the car has got to go. It's not acceptable that what is a non service item needs maintenance twice a year, or else the car lets you down. The poor fuel economy and the expensive servicing regime every 10000 miles don't help either. If I had researched the car better I could and should have avoided it. Nice frock hides a dog underneath.

I'm going back to Mercedes; I don't think Lexus are bad 'per se' but this model stinks, and despite Toyota having an engine deal with BMW no chance of a BMW diesel Lexus EVER. Hybrids just don' do it for me.

You need to be a gold member to advertise on the LOC. Mike

Edited by IHgs300
non gold advert

Im going to leave this as it's not a company/individual advertising their own services/parts.

It's more of a review of Lexus southampton's customer service.

I'm going back to Mercedes; I don't think Lexus are bad 'per se' but this model stinks, and despite Toyota having an engine deal with BMW no chance of a BMW diesel Lexus EVER. Hybrids just don' do it for me.

You need to be a gold member to advertise on the LOC. Mike

Guys this wasn't a serious ad........just a tongue in cheek comment. Somebody needs to get a life. Seriously would you advertise a car this way...get real. It was as the moderator stated a big thanks to Lexus Southampton who I would heartily recommend.

Guys this wasn't a serious ad........just a tongue in cheek comment. Somebody needs to get a life. Seriously would you advertise a car this way...get real. It was as the moderator stated a big thanks to Lexus Southampton who I would heartily recommend.

Ads come in all shapes and sizes you only have to look at eBay to see how minimalist some ads are. After describing what you had for sale you put please contact me and that constitutes as an advert. Gold members pay to have the privilege of selling on The LOC.

The moderator missed your ad first time of reading, no argument about describing your dealings with Lexus Southampton.

So I wont be getting another life but perhaps you would benefit from reading the rules of The LOC. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links