Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gps Clock

KDS

The new 2014 ct has a gps clock - with the gps clock set to auto update on, dst on and time zone set to Greenwich I expected the clock to change automatically which is what it says in the manual and what my Iphone does. We entered France the sat nav said - you've crossed a border but I had to change the time zone to CET to get the clock updated whilst my I phone altered automatically. Something is not right

More reports on the ct experience in France follows soon - just passed 3000 miles whilst away

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Hi Kevin,

not sure where you are now, but if you are near/in a reasonable sized town/city there will probably be a Lexus dealer there who will sort the glitch out for you. Most continentals speak English well. I am sure that it is probably something simple. The problem is that if you wait until you get home, it will be another year before you can test it out again.

I go to England every year and never bother changing the clocks, I just deduct an hour from my phone/car clock time, it saves the hassle of changing them going out and coming back. It is also better for my body clock I think.

Just have a comfy journey and return safely. I live five minutes from the Milan - Venice motorway and it is getting more busy and dangerous every day and night, with all the foreigners bombing along foot to the floor to get to the lakes five minutes earlier, it is bad enough with the natives.

Time? that is not important, bye the way, where are you now?

Best wishes.

Michael.

Thanks Michael - now back in the uk - I wasn't away long enough to bother with local lexus dealers and it wasn't so important but I've reported it in uk and they are "looking into it" but it's new technology here so they're not sure. As for danger - the drivers on French motorways are scary - they overtake at last minute - change lanes either without indicating or whilst still indicating the last but two manoeuvres. They come past at marginally faster speeds than you then hover as you get ever closer to the lorry in front - so you brake - then they speed off while you try to shoehorn your way into a lane to overtake. And narry a gendarme to be seen until close to channel when an isolated motorbike plucks a speeding Brit onto a slip road where two black vans wait to process the victim - not me! - the plus points - fabulously comfortable driving experience in a stunning car - never saw another one. Shame about the rear passenger door that now sports a dink from a stone that going to need some serious repair skills.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links