Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Swede With A Poc-Ls400 Thats Still Better Than Any Other Brand/yea

LentZebra

Hi guys!

Earlier this summer i was in the south of Germany to pick up what i assumed was a total corpse of an LS400 and make it my play thing.

Much to my suprise everything was working( exept the cruise control, wich sucked a tad under the 18 or so hour drive home) and the old girl was smooth as silk!
You really cant tell by the interior that it has enough kilometers on it to have been driven to the adjacent solar system and back.

All those electrical gadgets still work and everything is in such good condition, nothing hanging loose making noises, everything tightly in place...
And even though the body tells its tale of a rough life, after a wash the paint felt smoother than any car ive owned.

I prefer driving my Ls400 over my -05 A6 3.2 FSI quattro( timing chain time bomb edition) any day and thus the Audi is for sale.

To summarize: I love this interstellar hunk of junk and hello! :)

post-51017-0-30787400-1407225128_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. This is not the first story I've heard like this. :)

There's a guy on another forum who bought a 'shed' of an LS400 just to use temporarily before using it as a joint project with another car nut. He said they neglected it for months, just using it for all sorts of trips until they realised they were choosing to drive it. Seems that we get quite attached to these old boats. :D

Lovely Mk4 - I think they suit the darker colours (which few UK buyers seemed to choose).

Now you face the biggest dilemma - you like it enough, we all do. But do you drive it as it is, or do you start to sort out all of the little jobs here and there?

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Well tested with a run from Germany to Sweden then.

Sold a genuine Lexus roof rack for an LS400 a few years ago, coincidentally the guy lived in Motala.

Thnx for the warm wellcome people! ^^

Steve: It was a gamble that turned out was no biggy for the barge! :)

Hello and welcome. This is not the first story I've heard like this. :)

There's a guy on another forum who bought a 'shed' of an LS400 just to use temporarily before using it as a joint project with another car nut. He said they neglected it for months, just using it for all sorts of trips until they realised they were choosing to drive it. Seems that we get quite attached to these old boats. :D

Lovely Mk4 - I think they suit the darker colours (which few UK buyers seemed to choose).

Now you face the biggest dilemma - you like it enough, we all do. But do you drive it as it is, or do you start to sort out all of the little jobs here and there?

Not that much of a dilemma since the decision was made before i got the car. :P
I have in my possession: BC-coils, Supra LSD, Some banged up GS430 rims and some of the major service parts...

I have to admit though that my original idea of making a missile of it aches my heart, maby that will have to wait untill next year.

But regarding the boatiness, as neat as the air suspension is, the coils need to be mounted asap. The car feels too much out of control going over bridge joints at high speeds. And generally too boaty. ;s

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links