Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member & New Owner - Is Digital Speed On Display Possible?

Hi all,

Yesterday I received my new IS 300h Executive Edition (Sonic Titanium). I've literally only had a few drives and clocked up no more than maybe 25 miles so I very much new to this car.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to have the centre display show the speed digitally? On my previous Porsche Cayman S there was a very clear speed reading in digital as well as the normal analogue display.

2) Sonic Titanium colour - I'm a little disappointed compared to some of the pictures I've seen. Particularly the one DJP has on the profile pic, that really does look stunning. I think because I have the Executive Edition with the 17" silver wheels, it is too much of a contrast of silver wheels vs sonic titanium. The darker grey wheels seem to look much better with Sonic Titanium. Does Sonic Titanium look better in the bright sunny weather vs a dark rainy day like yesterday?

3) What kinds of monthly rates are people paying for the IS 300h? I'm paying £299 inc VAT on a 6+23 month contract. I would love to have stretched to the F sport model but it was coming in at over £400 p/m which I couldn't justify. I just wanted to gauge how much others are paying for either the executive edition or the F Sport.

As mentioned, I'm very new to the car but initial impressions compared to my Porsche is that the ride comfort and toys are much better in the Lexus, but I lose that punch of the Porsche - which one would fully expect. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

David

Welcome to another David! I'm pretty sure you can't have a digital readout unless you have the F Sport speedo setup. As far as the colour goes, the profile pic is a good one, as it should be inside the showroom when I bought the car. That said, Sonic T is a great colour and in the sunshine it does take on a lovely shine. The colour really does vary with different lighting conditions, and the cleaner the car the better. The wheels do help of course!

As a private buyer I can't really help with payment comparisons.

Try driving in Sport mode and see how that compares to the Porsche.

Enjoy the car in good health.

Hi David,

My Is300h executive was delivered this morning. I went with celestial black with ivory interior and I'm fairly pleased with it, although I am sure the black will be a nightmare to keep looking clean!

The only question I can help with is the leasing cost! I am paying 330 per month on a 6plus23. I imagine mine is slightly higher as my mileage allowance is 17000 per year, although I would interested to know what yours is.

Did you get a handbook with your car? The only paperwork I received was the delivery acceptance note. I am hoping there is something in the glove box although haven't looked yet?!

Initial perceptions of the car are very good! Phone seems to have connected fairly easily, although I think the vast number of buttons on the steering wheel will take some getting used to. The volume of the radio sounds extremely low even when at high volumes? Was the executive edition fitted with a reversing camera, or just the sensors?

Thanks

Nick

I have the same car in the same colour and I am also disappointed I the colour. I loved the colour in the showroom, but in real light the colour has a champagne feel about it.

One of my biggest concerns was the lack of a digital speedo as this is something I have enjoyed in Mercs and Audis, but I have to say you soon get use to using an analogue dial.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

2) Sonic Titanium colour - I'm a little disappointed compared to some of the pictures I've seen. Particularly the one DJP has on the profile pic, that really does look stunning. I think because I have the Executive Edition with the 17" silver wheels, it is too much of a contrast of silver wheels vs sonic titanium. The darker grey wheels seem to look much better with Sonic Titanium. Does Sonic Titanium look better in the bright sunny weather vs a dark rainy day like yesterday?

This is an interesting observation to me as I also noticed something similar when looking at models originally. The dealer had a sonic titanium car on the forecourt with silver wheels and IMO it didn't make the colour as appealing as those I'd seen on the road. However I still went ahead and ordered my F-sport in sonic titanium with some concern in my mind. However when I eventually saw the car with the dark wheels I was very happy. So in my view the colour definitely suits darker wheels.

However you will notice a lot of differences in the colour in different lights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links