Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Paring With Galaxy S5

hi,

recently bought a 2010 IS250 (not MM) and i'm struggling to get my phone contacts transfered to car. any ideas where i'm going wrong or do i need to add each number manually?

cheers

I had the same difficulty with a HTC One M8. Every time I tried to transfer my phonebook the connection was lost. Fortunately, I'm a bit of a Billy No Mates so manual entry didn't take too long. Bit of a nuisance though !

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got an answer to this? I bought a 2007 IS250 Sport Multimedia this weekend and i am having the exact same issues with my Galaxy S5 and contracts transfer. I have tried a few apps but they dont work because the connection drops!

go to google contacts and send a .csv to your MM unit via bluetooth, it will take all the contacts in 1 fell swoop.

buy me a drink later. :)

"Go to Google Contacts" - how?

"send a .csv to your MM unit via bluetooth" - how do you create a .csv? I can create a .vcf from my contacts list (not Google Contacts).

Not 100% sure how to carry out what you have explained, but would like to give it a go, so am interested in knowing more about it!

go to google contact, export

can do csv or vcard, not sure which one i used just use both and see which is best.

email that contact to yourself, download onto your phone and Bluetooth it to the headunit, all the contacts will then appear on the headunit

now, my drink i like belgian beer. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esy1vj92f6pzz9q/tempFileForShare_2014-12-02-20-50-40.jpg?dl=0

Thank you for trying to help, i did work out what you said before you replied with clarification, however, that didn't work. What DOES work is this:

Connect your phone to your car via Bluetooth

On your phone, select "Contacts"

At the top right hand side, there are 3 dots vertically aligned, select that.

From the drop down menu that appears, select "Select"

Now on the left hand side of the screen, select the empty check-box next to "Select all"

At the top right hand side of the screen will now be 3 dots joined up together which make a shape like this <. Select that

Now select the "Bluetooth" icon (if you have downloaded Bluetooth sharing apps these will also show, but the one i used was the phone's built in Bluetooth functionality, the icon is a blue circle with a white Bluetooth logo and is labelled "Bluetooth")

A list of available Bluetooth devices is listed. Before selecting your car from the list, you will need to enter the menu on your car to "Transfer Contacts". I presume everyone knows where that is though. Once you have selected your car, the transfer will start. My transfer took about a minute.

I don't like Belgian beer, I will have a vodka and coke please :-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thank you for trying to help, i did work out what you said before you replied with clarification, however, that didn't work. What DOES work is this:

Connect your phone to your car via bluetooth

On your phone, select "Contacts"

At the top right hand side, there are 3 dots vertically aligned, select that.

From the drop down menu that appears, select "Select"

Now on the left hand side of the screen, select the empty check-box next to "Select all"

At the top right hand side of the screen will now be 3 dots joined up together which make a shape like this <. Select that

Now select the "Bluetooth" icon (if you have downloaded bluetooth sharing apps these will also show, but the one i used was the phone's built in bluetooth functionality, the icon is a blue circle with a white bluetooth logo and is labelled "Bluetooth")

A list of available bluetooth devices is listed. Before selecting your car from the list, you will need to enter the menu on your car to "Transfer Contacts". I presume everyone knows where that is though. Once you have selected your car, the transfer will start. My transfer took about a minute.

I don't like Belgian beer, I will have a vodka and coke please :-)

Many thanks Luke, this has just done the trick for me with my 2008 RX400h. It took a couple of goes, but all my contacts have now been transferred successfully. If I din't live at the other end of the country, I would be only too glad to buy you your libation of choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links