Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx300 **lookingtobuy**

Hey Guys i'm new to this really wanted to sing up because i have my eyes on a Lexus RX300 as the perfect family car i don't actually own one just yet but can't wait until i do, my Dad had one previously it was a RX400H 2007 but it was bought from new.

Im looking to buy second hand Lexus RX300 they pretty much on my budget and wanted you guys help, is sit worth buying on high milage 100,000 upwards with part service history and what should i watch out for when buying one don't really want to catch a LEMON or one thats on he's way out.

Thanks, Kev

How old is the car?

What model is it? SE will have the standard suspension, but SE-L will have air suspension

What do you mean by "part service history"... when was it last serviced?

Are you buying from a dealer or privately? In other words are you getting any kind of warranty?

RXs, whatever the model, are pretty much indestructible, but I would still stay away from a high mileage car that you do not know the history of and that is not covered by a comprehensive warranty... even more so if it has air suspension as this can be costly to fix.

Rx's that i've been looking at are reg 03 or 53 plates they pretty much on my price range i seen a couple on high milage which are the SE-L that come with sat nav from private dealers what caught my eye was the price they go for £4,500 upwards thats why i was wondering if they worth buying and if they are what should i look at for? There some on private seller which i prefer because i could try get the price down

Hello Kevin, we bought a 2003 (98-03 model, the old one) in April this year. We rushed into it a bit for various reasons and it came with no service history whatsoever but in comparison to Mercs I had been looking at that were three years newer, the RX was like a brand new car. Get a f/s/h if you can but to be honest I loked at one with a fsh and it was a bit of a shed - interior was knackered and it didn't feel right. Gut instinct LED me to buy the one I did. Few minor niggles with the brakes which the dealer did some work on followed by a local garage, this was merely due to its having been stood a while. I have just had it converted to lpg and it is the loveliest car I have ever owned, superb and economical with the gas conversion too. Go for it, just try to know its history and check if the cam belt has been done.

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks for all the help and advise cant wait to own one been looking at a couple but just waiting on the current sale of my car so hopefully just after Christmas =D wish you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy new year.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links