Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Projectors Help!

hamj267

Has anyone ever changed the projectors in your headlights? I've seen a fair few different projectors with angel eye drls. However I'm not sure how much movement there is or room for error in the sizes you can buy. Any help would be appriciated

Hi

The kits that mention are most of the time meant to be retrofitted onto non Projector headlights

They attach to the headlight via the bulb hole. Whilst OEM projectors are held at various points.

Also if you dismantle the system and manage to fit one of them aftermarket kits, you are very likely if not guaranteed to loose the self levelling feature on the OEM headlight.

Ah I didn't know about loosing the self levelling.

I kinda guessed there supposed to be retro fitted. Just thought maybe some angel eyes or drls attached to the projectors would look pretty smart. Just didn't know about the diameter either. Or if anyone had done it before.

Angel eyes can be retrofitted as they attach to the headlight reflector rather than the projector it self,

if you decide to go that route, the best performing type in my experience are the CCFL type, I had them on my E46 coupe, very bright and clear.

Have a browse over at HID planet http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ tons of useful information there

they might be able to help further.

I would avoid the soldering iron option as it can be easy to bugger things up,

have a look on you tube about splitting headlights using the oven.

There are plenty of tutorials there.

As for the size, yes you'll need to find one that fits, mine were specific for an E46 BMW so already came in the correct size.

Ah right okay. Might give it a bash. Found some flexi drls that also double as indicators so might get some and see if I can keep them in a decent position. Thanks for the help guys. Probably easier option Aswel rather than replacing projectors

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links