Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Convinc Me To Keep The Is!

lawsio

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on whether I need to replace the IS220d or not. In short, we've got a little one on the way and with my wife driving what is effectively a 2 seater we're abit short on boot spae for push chairs etc and mines getting on a bit now. I need to watch the money so I'm not really in the market for something like a Lexus now so looking at the Mazda3, Focus, Civic, Qashqai type cars that are nice enough but not nice enough for me to get excited about. Basically my issue is this;

The Lexus is 6/7 years old with 57,000 on the clock, so certain elements, such as the head gasket, could be a ticking time bomb (It isn't 100% dealer serviced which may void any extended warrantees)

The running costs are very high compared to the ones mentioned above.

Saloon boot and non-folding seats could be a mare getting pushchairs etc in and out of.

Rear brake disks need replacing before too long which isn't going to be cheap

Considering the above, is it better to twist and go for a new car, or should the above not really matter and should I stick with what I've got? Does anyone have any experience of this car with babies for one thing!?

Convince me to keep it so I don't have to buy a focus! :'(

EDIT - Can someone fix the typo in the thread title, I can't edit it now. Thanks.

Edited by lawsio

Hi lawsio,

Early last year I had a jet black IS220D (unfortunately it's written off now) But during that time I was starting to think that the car was a little too small for me, my wife and two kids, a 6 year old and an 18month old to fit comfortably.

So after I wrote off my black IS220D (long story) I concidered replacing it with all sorts of MPV's SUV's etc for the extra space an economy they offer.

However, after much deliberation guess what car I ended up buying....... yep, another IS220D this time in metalic blue slate,

I really couldn't face having to potentially drive a bus around everyday.

That being said IS220/IS250 as you know isn't the best vehicle to use for transporting a growing family, as there are obviously far better alternatives out there, but in reality at least for me anyway it actually works out fine as our kids are still small.

Once the children have grown an extra few feet in height then maybe It would be wiser to concider opting for a slightly larger vehicle.

But for now if like me you are still enjoying your IS220D, then I would suggest keeping it a while longer or at least until you really need to upsize.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for that, yes that is helpful! I'm hoping I can keep it, I'm just slightly paranoid about it going t*ts up under the bonnet and loosing its trade in value!

Do you have any problems getting pushchairs in/out of the boot?

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links