Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P1760 Fault Code - Missing 2Nd Gear

R26meg

Hi All,

I've owned my 2002 LS430 for around 6 months now and one morning I noticed the gearing was a little off when pulling away, which increased over the course of the journey. I used the gear selector and realised that 2nd gear wasn't working (when in 'L' and changing up it stayed in gear, or when changing from '3' to '2' it stayed in gear). The check engine light came on and displayed a P1760 fault code:

• P1760 Toyota - Linear Solenoid for Line Pressure Control Circuit Malfunction

I've been doing some searching and found that the most likely cause is a sticky shift solenoid, however I'm struggling to find a part number for this. I'd like to at least make sure the part is available at a nearby motor factors before I get under the car and drop the sump.

Does anyone have a part number for the shift solenoids? Are there any other areas I should check before doing this?

Thanks

Hi Colin,

Many thanks for your help and for the part number! The fluid hasn't been changed yet, that will be the first port of call. I was considering just getting a replacement solenoid so that I can drain the fluid, drop the sump and replace the part, as if I replaced the fluid and it didn't fix/unstick the solenoid then I wouldn't want to have to do the whole job again.

Excuse the newbie question but are there any members on here that work for Lexus that might be able to supply parts, or are there any other parts companies on here? If not then I will get in contact with Lexus parts direct for a quote.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up on this, I ended up doing a gearbox oil change (drain at sump, refill 2 litres). The car came with receipts for a gearbox rebuild about 40k ago, and from the look of the oil when it came out I'd say that's probably about right as the oil looked fairly fresh compared to what I've seen previously! In any case, put some new fluid in and it didn't change a thing, however about 4 days and 400 miles later I started the car and shifted into drive and it was nice and smooth, and I had 2nd gear back! I'm a little surprised to say the least, but I guess the fresh oil was enough to get things going again?

Many thanks again for your help Colin!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links