Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After Market Stereo

Alex19

Hello I have a Lexus IS 200 (02) and have brought a after market stereo and have found that its not a simple change over due to the factory amp I also see that I have to bypass the factory amp to make it work but was wondering in there is any way that I could connect the new stereo to the amp to run all the speakers I do have to pre outs for two amps on the stereo any help and connections or cables I would need would be great unless its not possible.

cheers

Alex

Just to add, I've not changed the standard stereo in my car, so I personally have not fitted or used the amp bypass cable. So please research before purchase just to be sure you're getting the right one. Also, look into the "yellow wire modification" - there's something you have to do with the bypass cable to stop it leaving a permanent live to the clock, or something like that, that results in Battery drain.

As I haven't done it I can't give you the complete answers, only point you in the right direction. However, I've read enough to know that it's far easier, quicker and simpler to use the bypass cable than it is to chop up the wiring, and it's also fully reversible - which is never a bad thing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links