Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx 300 Series 2

Hi new to this site so please be gentle. My Lexus RX300 had severe noise from the rear wheel bearing so decided on new hubs. Started to strip them down and found the following. The two bolts holding the calipers were both rounded off impossible to move. Managed to remove the two bolts holding the complete assembly tied up out of harms way. Disc/ drum came off easily undid the four bolts holding the hub. Removed the hub nut and noticed it had been off before and the threads were cross threaded. So need a new or good second hand right rear drive shaft. Next the hub connected the the sub frame was almost solid but managed to break it free where it came away complete with shield which is completely rusted through and rotten. Worse still the hub will not separate from the back plate. Tried wire brushing it cleaning it soaking it in WD 40 no joy. Been looking at breakers and there seem to be a few parts available but mainly from later models 2007/2008 RX400 etc. Does anyone know which years are compatable. Any help apreciated. Thanks

I looked up on toyodiy.com for the hub assembly on a 2003 RX300, found the part code and then did a search on that part code across all vehicles and the 400h matched so it looks like some/all the parts are shared across the range - I'd advise you do a bit more research before committing though.

These are the results, which hopefully will be visible to you with me sharing the link:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=42410-48040&mE=on

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links