Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey all,

Just wanted to share an experience I recently had with the car. Driving normally around town a few days ago and had the check VSC light come on along with the engine management light.

The car drove fine so I just ignored it till I got home. Did some googling and the best piece of advice seemed to be to use a code reader as it could be anything.

I also stumbled across a few weird posts one of which suggested that people had this happen when the fuel cap wasn't tight enough but didn't give it much thought. It also mentioned that the engine had to be restarted 3 times before the warning lights were reset for a non-current fault.

The following morning I started the car, let it idle and then did 3 restarts to see if the warning lights would clear. They did not so clearly the fault was still there. I was a bit skeptical but decided to check the fuel cap too and it was loose indeed. It wasn't falling off but could have been tighter.

Tightened the fuel cap, restarted the engine 3 more times and the lights went.

:phone:

Yes, this has been mentioned a few times.

Its one of those things you try and store in the brain cells...bit like the boot lock over-ride button in the glovebox...why can't i get into the boot.....did it get accidentally knocked?

Had something a little similar the other week. I changed my air filter but had not quite got the top cover seated correctly...it was literally about a 1mm gap on one corner...but i did not know this at the time. I was rushing in my lunch break and the only thing i noticed was that one snap lock was a bit tighter than i recall from previous. Drove home that night and engine management and traction lights were on. Got home...a wee bit puzzled and figured the only thing toyed with is the air filter....so took it apart again and found that little issue. Started up and all lights went out!! Surprised anything would be that sensitive. Relieved it sorted it though. :whistling:

Yeah Normski, for a moment there I thought, well this is it. The car is 8 years old now so I was expecting the worst and I admit I did go to the Lexus website to see what would be a good replacement.

But all's well that ends well. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links