Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Hope we are well, I got the engine management light the other day which came with the VSC light.

I got the diagnostic cable & software & car shows this error P0663 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Cuircuit/Open

Google doesn't show much, any help?

Thanks in Advance

Jamie

Sounds like an issue with the ACIS. That is typically controlled by a Vacuum Switching Valve (VSV). If the ECU is detecting an open circuit then the electrical connector to the valve may have been disconnected or the coil in the valve itself may have burnt out.

Hello,

You might want to try checking the part is plugged in, the connector is clean and there is no damage to the connecting pipes and wires - the item you are looking for looks like this and the wiring plugs into the brown part:

http://www.car-truck-parts.com/car-detail/sensors/TOYOTA-LEXUS-OEM-VSV-VAPOR-SWITCH-VALVE-25860_131058397547.html

The part number is printed on the unit and a check at Toyodiy.com shows it is the same for your car.

Always worth trying the simple things first! If you find damage (cut or broken wire) you can photo for proof with dealer.

The PDF file above allows you to perform tests to see if it is bad (apply 12v etc) some tests may have to be triggered from techstream to feel if vacuum/air is doing what it should at the respective pipes!

I wish I could help point you in the right direction as to where it is "under the hood" but not found anything useful other than:

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=351120&cartype=1&fig=1708

It's top left in the picture/image 2...!

Good luck and let us know how you get on. My experience with these types of parts on Toyotas is that 9 times out of 10, a good clean up and cleaning any corrosion of the connectors does the trick - they are usually very reliable.

This part should not cause you any drivability probs as pushes exhaust gas back into the intake to be burnt again and make your emissions readings better (mot time) but just having the light on the dash may be a fail....!

• 1 year later...

So never sorted this issues and want to have another go, it is intermittent and the light comes and goes. I found the plug shown above and unplugged and cleaned but didn't make any difference.

Any other tests I can do? The 12v test above no longer works 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links