Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is300 Sport Owner Asks Questions

BigDon

Hi all

Fantastic site.

Just bought myself a rather nice IS300 Sport edition. I would like to know if it is a genuine Sport as I hear these are very rare in the 300 model.

The car has the following factory fitted items;

Sport front bumper with 'Sport' badge in the middle

Sport front grille with 'Sport' badge on the NS (although this has blown away, I cannot get one through Lexus)

Sport rear bumper valance

Sport rear boot spoiler

18" Aero wheels with 225/40 tyres

Alloy pedals including dead pedal

Lowered suspension (certainly looks lower than an SE)

Rear factory privacy glass

'Sport' logo in the rear door quarter glass (both sides)

With the above information would you say it's a factory supplied Sport model? The lady I purchased it from had it nearly 10 years and was sold it by Lexus Edgware as a limited Sport model.

I was checked the chassis number to see if it has an LSD and it definitely has a 'B' in the chassis number. Lexus incidentally could not confirm whether it had or didn't have an LSD; the parts guy said it gave the option for both on his system.

So, my questions are;

1 - Does this car have an LSD

2 - Is this car a genuine IS300 'Sport' model, if so, how rare is it?

3 - Where can I get the 'Sport' badge that has blown off the front grille?

4 - What lowering springs would be ideal for an IS300? I cannot find a single spring set listed for this car!

Will post some pics soon, currently just getting used to it.

Thanks guys.

P.s - We also have an ISF V8 in grey.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links