Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One Hour To Initilaise Tyre Pressure Monitor?

Found this in an LS430 driver's manual (US-spec):

Initialization is completed after driving at the speeds of 30 km/h (19 mph) or over for more than one hour. If the following driving conditions are satisfied, initialization will be completed in about one hour.

• The vehicle speeds is between 50 km/h (31 mph) and 100 km/h (62 mph).
  • The roads are dry, smooth and straight.
  • The number of passengers is one or two (including the driver).

Have I understood this correctly? Does it mean that you have to drive continuously for a whole hour at speeds between 31mph and 62mph just to reset the TPMS? Or is is several drives totalling one hour? I tend to check and reset tyre pressures weekly and having to drive for an hour just initialise the TPMS seems to be a lot of effort!

Found this in an LS430 driver's manual (US-spec):

Initialization is completed after driving at the speeds of 30 km/h (19 mph) or over for more than one hour. If the following driving conditions are satisfied, initialization will be completed in about one hour.

• The vehicle speeds is between 50 km/h (31 mph) and 100 km/h (62 mph).
  • The roads are dry, smooth and straight.
  • The number of passengers is one or two (including the driver).

Have I understood this correctly? Does it mean that you have to drive continuously for a whole hour at speeds between 31mph and 62mph just to reset the TPMS? Or is is several drives totalling one hour? I tend to check and reset tyre pressures weekly and having to drive for an hour just initialise the TPMS seems to be a lot of effort!

Now you see, technology gone mad .................. that's the main reason why my LS400 is soooo old ........... simple technology and do you know, the tyre pressures very rarely need checking ........... manually !

Good luck when u buy ur LS430

Malc

I'm worried about using up a tank-full of petrol each time I check/adjust my tyre pressures!

So would I ........ so just check them manually when u feel the need !

Malc

I honestly can't see this actually being the case, but even if it is it must only be if you change a tyre or something. In terms of checking tyre pressures you can't have to do this every time, that's just ludicrous.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links