Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cut Keys Automatically Programmed By Car

my master keys fell apart due to wear and tear so bought these £2 blank outer case with blade off eBay took it to my local Timpson Key cut shop and within 15 mins i walked away with a copy of my original mater keys before purchasing these blanks i was made aware by various threads on the internet the key blade will need reprogramming by doing some form of pedal dance combinations others confirmed this didnt work and had to get it programmed at the dealers.

so got home removed the remote from the old master key and since i have been using my valet key since the master fell apart, i decided to test the Battery in the the master remote by locking and unlocking the car this worked fine. i the transfered the remote into the newly cut £2 chinese eBay key screwed it back up unlocked the car again with it inserted into ignition waited until dash lights went out and fired it up.. and Bingo it worked :D .. must admit i wasnt expecting it to work since i hadnt programmed it yet so looks like the car indeed does auto programme cut keys with master remote fob so cant understand why all threads say it needs to be manually programmed any one else experinced this or did i just get lucky.. £2 key £15 to cut every thing cost less than £20 so am happy :D ..

Of course it worked you transferred your old immobiliser chip (transponder) which was already programmed to the car from your working master key to a blank case.

You only need to programme the key when you buy a new key complete with blank transponder inside that's not programmed to anything.

If you just remove the insides from a working master key to a blank case then yeah all you need to do is cut the blank blade.

• Like 1

This was what i thought hence i decided to try it out first before attempting to programme it. there are a few threads on the net which gave the idea it needed programming even a few key cutting shops i phoned up or went to either said they could not cut it or would need programming by the dealer i even explined to them i already have yhe remote all i wanted was the blade cut but they said it wont work which makes me think how many of lexus owners have been told the same only for them to pay hundreds of ££'s at tge dealers to have a completly new key with remote..

The blade is just a key, like any other key, just like your front door key, it's just a piece of metal that needs cutting to fit a lock. There's no electronics involved in the blade.

I've bought many different types of cases with blank blades from eBay. I've tried the flip keys, different design keys etc...All I ever needed to do was to get the blade cut and move all the electronics over.., simple 👍

Followed you thread Chris two weeks ago ref re-programming..

2 second hand keys with remotes on e bay £42.00

2 new blades cut and delivered within 2 days £24.00

Married them together followed the re-programming guide you suggested works fine

TOTAL COST £66.00

Brilliant thanks once again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links