Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NEWBIE with a few questions!

Dahmich

Morning guys, I'm looking at venturing back into Lexus ownership, but its a been a while, and think I'm out of touch... I'm looking at getting a silver is220d, looks and ok, mileage is reasonable, but is there anything i should be looking for, what model is this classed as,  any dash lights i should be avoiding, dpf issues etc...list them please!! any info please share

dash at night.jpg

is220d front.jpg

is220d back.jpg

nav day.jpg

Hello there.

First and foremost, the most important thing is what type of driving do you do most of?  If it is around town, then the 220d isn't for you.  For it to be a good choice, you would need to do a reasonable amount of driving, with mostly A roads and motorways.  Otherwise, you are asking for trouble I am afraid.

Doing just town driving means it is a matter of when, not if, the DPF and EGR valve get blocked.  The EGR valve is relatively easy to clean, but the DPF is another story.

So, now that that is out of the way, here is an excellent guide on what to look out for (for the IS250, but most of it applies to the 220d as well):

Looking at the MOT history, it seems to wear its offside front tyre a bit.  Perhaps nothing, but you might want to have a closer look.  Also, the fact that it had a run flat fitted to one of its rear wheels doesn't bode well for maintenance concerns.

Spec wise, it is hard to tell from the photos, but it does seem to have the Xenon's fitted, so if it has things like heated/ventilated memory leather seats and rear blind, then it is SE-L.

• Like 2

Dont know if it applys to diesels, but the manuals are in a different tax bracket to the autos. Maybe year dependant as well, diesels seem to have alot

of problems as above states with short journeys. Defo got xenons so top model by the looks of it.

Also welcome to the forum Dahmich.

4 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Dont know if it applys to diesels, but the manuals are in a different tax bracket to the autos.

Well, since the 220d only came in manual, this is not much of an issue :smile:  Shame really, otherwise I would have an auto.

Hi Dahmich and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch so please dont hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they dont go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

cheers for the welcome lads, much appreciated, i bit the bullet and bought it, so moved on from bmw....think ive made a good move. The seats are heated and yes, those are xenons, so must be the SE-L

The wheels are in dire need of a refurb, badly corroded so that will be the one of the first things, i travel back and forth to cardiff so hopefully the dpf wont become an issue, but the option of a delete is not that that far away.

bodywork, its in good shape, a few battle scars here and there, but nothing that cant be addressed.

Nice one Dave :thumbsup:

My wheels are also badly in need of a refurb, so need to address this at some point.  I have read that it is best to get them acid stripped and powder coated to help prevent corrosion in the future.

Speak of spec, I have recently discovered that if you open the drivers door and have a look on the pillar next to the door latch, there should be a sticker telling you what spec it is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links