pawlopc

IS200 power door does not operate

Recommended Posts

Hi ,

I have some problem with my 1999 IS200. When I try to open doors using key, only driver door opens. Power door locking doesn't work. When I try to close doors using indoor switch, it doesn't work as well.  Same goes for locking it with the key fob. Only lights blinks but doors don't open or close. Opening boot with key fob works correctly.

Has anyone any ideas ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Has this just started or has it been this way always? I'd start by checking fuses, then reprogramming the key fob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jomo said:

Has this just started or has it been this way always? I'd start by checking fuses, then reprogramming the key fob.

Everything worked all right and suddenly it happened. I have checked all fuses and they are fine. I have also replaced power door switch inside car but it didn't help. I think that when it goes about key fob, it is programmed correctly because boot opening is ok. But i can't open or close doors. When I press a button "LOCK" nothing happens. When I press the button "UNLOCK" only turn-signals blink.

I think that key fob isn't a problem becaus doors don't open or close manually as well. When I put key into driver door only driver door opens. Central locking does not work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The central locking doesn't work off the key - only the fob and the switch on the drivers door handle. 

Sorry, that doesn't help your problem - it's a red herring. It caught me out too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gruntfuggly said:

The central locking doesn't work off the key - only the fob and the switch on the drivers door handle. 

Sorry, that doesn't help your problem - it's a red herring. It caught me out too.

I'm sure that earlier central locking worked off the key correctly. My friend has IS200 from 1999 and he can also lock or unlock all doors using only the key apart from fob and switch on the drivers door handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, pawlopc said:

Hi ,

I have some problem with my 1999 IS200. When I try to open doors using key, only driver door opens. Power door locking doesn't work. When I try to close doors using indoor switch, it doesn't work as well.  Same goes for locking it with the key fob. Only lights blinks but doors don't open or close. Opening boot with key fob works correctly.

Has anyone any ideas ?

 

Have you tried reprogramming the key?
Or disconnect the Battery etc, it's worth a try.
Bit of a strange one as the boot opens off the fob but not the doors.
I'd be leaning towards fob issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dinho said:

Have you tried reprogramming the key?
Or disconnect the Battery etc, it's worth a try.
Bit of a strange one as the boot opens off the fob but not the doors.
I'd be leaning towards fob issue.

I've tried to disconnect the Battery but it didn't help. I didn't try to reprogramming they key because to do it, you must use switch on the driver door handle but when I press this button nothing happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By sannyp
      Hello,

      So I recently got into a little accident with my is200 manual and now need a new rear hub, and maybe other parts although unsure what yet. Question is will parts from a is200 auto suffice. So I wanted this post to outline the differences.
      I know the differential is different with a higher ratio i believe, and obviously the tranny. But is there anything else?
      I have a guy ready to sell me a bunch of parts from an auto is200, but I'm sceptical with mine being a manual
       
      thanks
    • By Laim1987
      HI im new here. I looking to put 10mm wheel spacers n maybe some one knows do i need new bolts or something else? Or it's fits on original bolts? Thnx
    • By Liso
      Hi.. I have a 2002 Lexus IS200 Auto, I am having a transmission problem. At first I thought it was caused by my ABS sensor, my ABS light on and TRC OFF  flicking, which when diagnosed it was front right side. After replacing that sensor the transmission was working fine for two days but started doing its thing again. The car will just refuse to change from 1or 2 untill it redlines, if it does change to another gear it will be just for a second or so and back down. Some days it will drive smooth for two hours or so and if you going slow there is a slight jerk as if the car is changing up and down.
    • By Blucky
      I have a 1999 Toyota Altezza 1GFE, which recently has had the engine light come on after driving it for a few minutes. Every time i restart the car it goes away but comes on again after a few minutes.
      I have done the paperclip diagnosis on the ODB1 port, but all it does is make the engine light, ABS light and the ECT light flash continuously.
      Does anyone know what it might be?
       
      Cheers,
    • By mondo35
      Hi guys, i have owened 3 lexus is 200s 
      and I absolutely love them, 
      just recently i thought about having a caravan so i sold the sport and got the is 200 SE 
      I have the tow bar and everything, i want to know how much the standard is 200 weighs.
      as my car and caravan must be 3.5 tonne or under. Now can anybody please tell me how to find this out, i have looked online allready but have had no luck
      thanks in advance for all the replys, 
      much appreciated