Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Respray Job On My Is-250. Please Advise

ahmed24

just wondering after my paintwork has dried up, is it safe to use compounds and stuff for detailing like T-Cut and stuff?

why do you need to use that.

just incase i get any fine scratch marks or anything in the future that might need detailing

can't see a problem with that as the body shop would have machine polished it after painting anyway.

just wondering after my paintwork has dried up, is it safe to use compounds and stuff for detailing like T-Cut and stuff?

just incase i get any fine scratch marks or anything in the future that might need detailing

can't see a problem with that as the body shop would have machine polished it after painting anyway.

I assume they did use polish (not sure if it was machine or not). I did notice whitish polish like stuff in some edges that i wiped off, I am assuming that is the polish. Just wondering what exactly polish does and wont it come off over time as car is getting washed?

I assume they did use polish (not sure if it was machine or not). I did notice whitish polish like stuff in some edges that i wiped off, I am assuming that is the polish. Just wondering what exactly polish does and wont it come off over time as car is getting washed?

polish is used as the last stage after they have sanded the clearcoat.the leftover white powder is dried polish that has not been buffed off.you have to be careful about bird waste as now there is no protection on your paint,carlack it asap.

polish is used as the last stage after they have sanded the clearcoat.the leftover white powder is dried polish that has not been buffed off.you have to be careful about bird waste as now there is no protection on your paint,carlack it asap.

So the polish they do is not a protection? and what exactly do you mean by "carlack it" ? once the new paint and lacquer has had two weeks to dry off isnt it just like the rest of the paintwork in terms of vulnerability? as it is a new paint job I want to try and avoid any discolouring or anything going wrong with the paintwork

So the polish they do is not a protection? and what exactly do you mean by "carlack it" ? once the new paint and lacquer has had two weeks to dry off isnt it just like the rest of the paintwork in terms of vulnerability? as it is a new paint job I want to try and avoid any discolouring or anything going wrong with the paintwork

yes just as the rest of your paint ,no protection at all.carlack is an acrylic sealant.visit carsparkle.com for details.

yes just as the rest of your paint ,no protection at all.carlack is an acrylic sealant.visit carsparkle.com for details.

That's interesting I didnt know that. So my entire body paintwork is not protected. When i wash my car I usually use a Shampoo product by Turtle Wax and it claims to be a wax and shampoo or something, So i thought that also provides the protection. How exactly do you use carlack? is it s replacement of this shampoo during wash and I just use carlack instead?

That's interesting I didnt know that. So my entire body paintwork is not protected. When i wash my car I usually use a Shampoo product by Turtle Wax and it claims to be a wax and shampoo or something, So i thought that also provides the protection. How exactly do you use carlack? is it s replacement of this shampoo during wash and I just use carlack instead?

you apply with a damp cloth or foam applicator let it cure as instructions then buff off with microfibre towel.it is basically poviding a sealant for your clearcoat protecting against bird waste,acid rain and pollution.

you apply with a damp cloth or foam applicator let it cure as instructions then buff off with microfibre towel.it is basically poviding a sealant for your clearcoat protecting against bird waste,acid rain and pollution.

thanks for all your advice. i am going to buy some carlack now. just 2 quick questions:

There seems to be alot of products including Shampoo made by Car Lack. Which product do I need? is it this one?: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/car...-/prod_356.html

If i wash my car every two weeks, does it mean after the wash i should carlack it again? basically carlack after every wash? does washing the car remove the carlack sealant?

Read the guides on the ceanyourcar.co.uk site plus my reply to the next topic in this thread - Merv

There are two products that you need

carlack 68 systematic care

carlack 68 long life sealant

buy the smallest amount of sc

buy double that of lls

assuming that your paint is free of bugs tar etc,wash your car then rinse,apply sc with damp sponge or cloth very thinly over entire car and windows if you wish ,leave the dried sc for 40 mins but over night is best.apply lls in the same way straight on top of the dried sc but a panel at atime,when lls dries to a haze buff off with micro fibre towels.extra coats of lls can be applied at 24 hour intervals this will increase protection and gloss,if you find products hard to buff off then spray a mist of water then buff.after doing all of this your car will be gleaming even more than when it was new,finally i use a combination of half lls and half distilled water in a spray bottle after each wash.spay on wipe off as you dry your car.

hope this is useful.

buy double that of lls

assuming that your paint is free of bugs tar etc,wash your car then rinse,apply sc with damp sponge or cloth very thinly over entire car and windows if you wish ,leave the dried sc for 40 mins but over night is best.apply lls in the same way straight on top of the dried sc but a panel at atime,when lls dries to a haze buff off with micro fibre towels.extra coats of lls can be applied at 24 hour intervals this will increase protection and gloss,if you find products hard to buff off then spray a mist of water then buff.after doing all of this your car will be gleaming even more than when it was new,finally i use a combination of half lls and half distilled water in a spray bottle after each wash.spay on wipe off as you dry your car.

hope this is useful.

thanks for that. great guide :D after i sc and lls the car, how often do i need to re-do that process? i wash my car around once every two weeks sometimes once a week? or is your method of using half lls and half distilled water mixed in spray bottle and spray on wipe off sufficient after my regular washes? thanks

buy double that of lls

hope this is useful.

thanks for that. great guide :D after i sc and lls the car, how often do i need to re-do that process? i wash my car around once every two weeks sometimes once a week? or is your method of using half lls and half distilled water mixed in spray bottle and spray on wipe off sufficient after my regular washes? thanks

should be good for around 9 months,it depends on how many coats of lls you apply,a good indicator is when you hose down after washing if the water sheets off then you know you still have protection.the spritz spray gives you an instant shine boost.

Thanks :D when it comes to applying the lls, I apply it to panel at a time and then buff off? do I apply panel at a time until the entire car is covered and then buff of everything at once or do i apply to a panel and then wait till for it to dry then buff off then move to next panel? also does the same buffing technique work for waxing? i am thinking of waxing after lls

Thanks :D when it comes to applying the lls, I apply it to panel at a time and then buff off? do I apply panel at a time until the entire car is covered and then buff of everything at once or do i apply to a panel and then wait till for it to dry then buff off then move to next panel? also does the same buffing technique work for waxing? i am thinking of waxing after lls

coat one panel then buff when dry,the key is if you leave the lls on for a long time then it will be hard to remove.yes,same with waxing apanel at a time.a word of warning,if you are going to wax after lls you must not apply lls or spritz over wax as this will cause a clouding effect.so to clarify you can do lls+lls+wax+wax but not lls+wax+lls+wax.

a word of warning,if you are going to wax after lls you must not apply lls or spritz over wax as this will cause a clouding effect.so to clarify you can do lls+lls+wax+wax but not lls+wax+lls+wax.

ok just to make sure i am understanding correctly, after i do the sc & lls, if i want to do more layers of lls i should do it before waxing as i cannot do more layers of lls once it has been waxed, correct? but if i apply a layer of wax i can always carry on adding layers of wax afterwards and after some washes right?

i am just wondering then does that mean the technique of mixing half lls and half distilled water and spray cleaning cannot be done if car has been waxed? and if i cannot lls on top of wax what do i do after 9 months when my lls needs re-doing?

thanks

a word of warning,if you are going to wax after lls you must not apply lls or spritz over wax as this will cause a clouding effect.so to clarify you can do lls+lls+wax+wax but not lls+wax+lls+wax.

ok just to make sure i am understanding correctly, after i do the sc & lls, if i want to do more layers of lls i should do it before waxing as i cannot do more layers of lls once it has been waxed, correct? but if i apply a layer of wax i can always carry on adding layers of wax afterwards and after some washes right?

i am just wondering then does that mean the technique of mixing half lls and half distilled water and spray cleaning cannot be done if car has been waxed? and if i cannot lls on top of wax what do i do after 9 months when my lls needs re-doing?

thanks

answer to first three questions are yes, However after nine months you start afresh with the sc which will clean off any wax build up.

thanks :D makes sense now. how about the half lls and half distilled water mixed spray and wipe technique after regular washes? should i not do that if i am going to wax it?

If you put on a hard wearing wax, technically you shouldn't have to do anything else.........

I've just bought some Collinite after reading about it on here, says on the tub that it lasts up to a year but I'm gonna be happy if it lasts 3-6 months - theoretically I'm hoping that once it's on, all I need to do is wash and dry until it needs to be re-applied :whistling:

thanks :D makes sense now. how about the half lls and half distilled water mixed spray and wipe technique after regular washes? should i not do that if i am going to wax it?

only do the spritz on top of lls not on top of wax.you see wax is petroleum based and slowly evaporates from your cars paintwork just as a petrol splash on the floor would do.so if you put lls on top of wax the evaporation of the wax causes a clouding effect.if you want durability sealant only is the way to go,also give same treatment to your wheels.have you ordered any carlack yet?

have you ordered any carlack yet?

yeah i have ordered the following:

- Car-Lack 68 Shampoo

- Carlack Sealant Kit (with SC and LLC)

- Carlack Glass Sealing Kit

- Chemical Guys Wheel Guard

- Chemical Guys - XXX Hardcore Paste Wax.

- Microfiber Applicator, Round

Hope to do this mid next week as it will be two weeks since it came back from bodyshop and I'm also on holiday from work so would have quite a bit of time to spend on it :D and

If you put on a hard wearing wax, technically you shouldn't have to do anything else.........

I've just bought some Collinite after reading about it on here, says on the tub that it lasts up to a year but I'm gonna be happy if it lasts 3-6 months - theoretically I'm hoping that once it's on, all I need to do is wash and dry until it needs to be re-applied :whistling:

i used to use wax alone p21s but found it did not protect against bird dropping etching my clearcoat,but i have not used collinite,does it protect against etching.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links