Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Camcorder?

With a budget of approx £5-600...???

Am looking at the Canon HF100, which seems to get good reviews...but there are shed load of others.

Requirements are:

Must be HD, ideally 24ps option

Must be able to record video on SDHC

Not bothered about viewfinders

Might consider HD miniDV, but ideally would like to avoid..

Ideally have a separate MIC input

So anyone with any suggestions on models, how good they are, best places to buy etc???

My brother's got one of these

48A2C4F9B39901AEE10080002BC29B85.jpg

And it's fantastic, the quality is superb and it is absolutely tiny!

Only downsides are that it uses memory stick (but they are getting cheaper) and that it can't take as high resolution photos as some other camcorders but it more than makes up for it as a video camera. Definitely well worth a look in :)

Only downsides are that it uses memory stick (but they are getting cheaper) and that it can't take as high resolution photos as some other camcorders but it more than makes up for it as a video camera. Definitely well worth a look in :)

i was looking to buy this one....but it cost's a little to much... the down side to it is the format it recordes in. it meant to be a pig to edit...the format that is....

but i still might get it

Sony HDR-TG1

i was looking to buy this one....but it cost's a little to much... the down side to it is the format it recordes in. it meant to be a pig to edit...the format that is....

but i still might get it

Sony HDR-TG1

There doesn't appear to be a proper agreed standard. Canon uses AVCHD which is not easy though Roxio 2009 does edit this - £49.99 (ROXIO is very good, i have had 4, 6, 8 and now have 10). I'm not sure what format Sony uses.

Sony does look good though...

There doesn't appear to be a proper agreed standard. Canon uses AVCHD which is not easy though Roxio 2009 does edit this - £49.99 (ROXIO is very good, i have had 4, 6, 8 and now have 10). I'm not sure what format Sony uses.

Sony does look good though...

I belive it's the same mate,

I use sony vegas pro it's nice to use only after you know what your doing - don't know how much think it was free :whistling:

Considered anything Panasonic? I bought an NV-GS400 ages ago, really, really nice camera. Only reason I haven't bought one of the newer Panasonics is that I simply don't need one!

Considered anything Panasonic? I bought an NV-GS400 ages ago, really, really nice camera. Only reason I haven't bought one of the newer Panasonics is that I simply don't need one!

I've always been a "Panafan", and most of the stuff in my house is Panasonic (and old Technics - my 20 year old Hifi is still going strong....) but the current C/corders don't seem to get the best reviews. I will take a look though...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links