Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally picked up my new IS 250 SE-L yesterday afternoon. Been waiting in anticipation for almost 2 weeks and now...it's finally mine! I've slowly been working through the car to find out where things are. found the iPod connector in the glovebox (cunningly hidden away!), worked out what most of the buttons now do on the dash etc. There was one problem i had though..

Getting that darn voice to work correctly. It's probably me but I just cannae seem to get the hang of it! Looked in the manual(s) and found a guide of some sorts...but still...I still cannot get it to work properly. Wondering if anyone out there has any tips on the voice stuff.

On an upside, I (finally!) managed to get my phone contacts transferred across. Took me a while to find the option on my phone! will upload a picture when I get a chance

Finally picked up my new IS 250 SE-L yesterday afternoon. Been waiting in anticipation for almost 2 weeks and now...it's finally mine! I've slowly been working through the car to find out where things are. found the iPod connector in the glovebox (cunningly hidden away!), worked out what most of the buttons now do on the dash etc. There was one problem i had though..

Getting that darn voice to work correctly. It's probably me but I just cannae seem to get the hang of it! Looked in the manual(s) and found a guide of some sorts...but still...I still cannot get it to work properly. Wondering if anyone out there has any tips on the voice stuff.

On an upside, I (finally!) managed to get my phone contacts transferred across. Took me a while to find the option on my phone! will upload a picture when I get a chance

Basically, press the voice button, wait for the "say the command after the beep" "beep", then say the command, which it then confirms. I think you can turn off the voice prompt which presumably speeds up the process. Make sure you are talking toward the hands-free mike up by the rear view mirror.

It works well, but there are certain frustrations to me such as you can say "disc up", or "track up", but you can't say "disc 6" or "track 4". It can understand numbers for the other functions. Still it never ceases to make me and passengers grin!

I copied out the list of all the voice commands from the on-board help. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car- they are so gadget-laden the SE-Ls its outrageous! I'm still finding out new things about mine one year on...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links