Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removal Of The Reversing Grid Assist In The Gs450H Update

I exchanged my GS450h for the update edition/facelift version over the weekend. Upon getting into reverse for the first time to my shock the Rear Guide Assist was gone! The RGA in the previous version displays coloured grid lines that indicate the predicted path into the parking position. This was immensely useful since the GS is massive. I called the dealer and they said this feature was removed for 'some' cars but due to complaints Lexus started putting it back on. Unfortunately the feature cannot be added retrospectively. I find this surprising since I thought a quick software upgrade/downgrade would solve the issue. Has anyone faced the same issue/know any further information as to how and why? I am thinking of returning the car since I also sacrificed Adaptive Cruise Control and Sunroof.

Oh dear, deep sympathies you just lost the 3 favourite features on my car which I know are almost impossible to replace thats exactly why mine must keep running.

Good luck Tony

This is only a thought and I expect you are already aware of it but have you tried pressing the button on the touch screen, I no on mine you can select 3 different views witch adds and removes parking assist lines from the screen.

Thanks Tony they are my favourite too! Wendle in the previous GS I had that button but its no longer there. Surely a software upgrade or downgrade should do the trick. How difficult can it be. I was swayed because the colour was white and interior was black as opposed to palladio Silver and grey Interior. Its a totally different looking car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links