Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake Disc Size - Is250 '07

Er..actually I'm not sure that's right. IS250s and 220ds have either vented or solid rear discs - I'm not sure which models have which.

But the vented discs are 310 mm and the solid ones 291mm (again, I think!)

My IS250 SE (2006) has solid rear discs and they are 291mm diameter (that bit I know for sure!)

Always best to check what's fitted to your own car before ordering brake parts!

The IS250 Service data sheet seems to imply that LHD cars have vented discs and RHD cars have solid.

Anyone provide actual confirmation?

BTW - I just bought two complete brand new rear calipers (including mounts and everything) from a Lexus dealer for the amazing price of £120 altogether - the parts guy was telling me it was a modified design and was maybe tacit admission of the dog's breakfast of the original design, which LED to seized lower pins right left and centre - not that the new ones look much different. But he didn't question which discs I had (or even look up my car on the database) - and they would have been different for vented discs.

J

I'm now worried!

I've ordered, paid for and awaiting delivery of my discs... Sadly one pad has obliterated on front n/s so I can't drive the car until I get all discs and pads replaced.... I'm REALLY hoping I get the right discs delivered otherwise it'll cost me a small fortune! :-(

I'll call a Lexus parts dealer shortly to confirm....

You can tell by just looking at the car. If your rear disc is 310mm, then the rear disc will appear larger than the front one.

If you stand at such an angle where you can see both the front and rear wheels simultaneously it should be easy to spot.

Yeah sadly my car was a couple hundred miles away... However now back and measured the rear disc and... 310 is the winner ;-)

It's interesting that some have the 291mm and others the 310mm... As I cannot find it documented anywhere.

However it's all good... Thanks

Had a quick browse on the US forum and it seems that the Vented 310mm rotor came as standard on the IS350.

In the US all IS250's are 291mm Solids except 2011 > F Sport Models which have the 310mm rotor too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links