Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mercedes E Class, Any Thoughts?

The-Acre

I currently have a Vauxhall Vectra estate that I use for work (I need a big estate car) but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Having got used to Lexus luxury, I thought I might combine luxury with practicality, and the E class estate is really the only one big enough. Has anyone had experience of them? I'll be looking for a 2006-8 but it will mean the Lexus has to go, as running two cars isn't ideal.

Thanks.

I currently have a Vauxhall Vectra estate that I use for work (I need a big estate car) but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Having got used to Lexus luxury, I thought I might combine luxury with practicality, and the E class estate is really the only one big enough. Has anyone had experience of them? I'll be looking for a 2006-8 but it will mean the Lexus has to go, as running two cars isn't ideal.

Thanks.

Phil,

I currently have a (W210) Jan 2003 reg E Class Auto Diesel Elegance Estate which I have had since July 2003. It has covered 198,000 miles and always returns in excess of 50 mpg on long heavily laden trips between Wirral and Spain.

It has a full service history and has had autobox oil changed every 50,000 miles. Tyres (Michelin Premacy) last at least 50,000 miles.

You will be looking at the W211 model and you should not buy one prior to 2007, when the early model problems should have been sorted. Do not buy unless it has a full service history and find your self a good Indie to look after it for you. After that join one of the Mercedes Benz Owners Forums.

Think seriously as to whether the Lexus has to go as it really does not cost much for me to keep the Merc !

Importantly for me, I can carry 4 passengers and 4 sets of golf clubs....and not many vehicles can do that.

Hope this helps and Best of luck

Regards

John

Thanks.

Phil,

I currently have a (W210) Jan 2003 reg E Class Auto Diesel Elegance Estate which I have had since July 2003. It has covered 198,000 miles and always returns in excess of 50 mpg on long heavily laden trips between Wirral and Spain.

It has a full service history and has had autobox oil changed every 50,000 miles. Tyres (Michelin Premacy) last at least 50,000 miles.

You will be looking at the W211 model and you should not buy one prior to 2007, when the early model problems should have been sorted. Do not buy unless it has a full service history and find your self a good Indie to look after it for you. After that join one of the Mercedes Benz Owners Forums.

Think seriously as to whether the Lexus has to go as it really does not cost much for me to keep the Merc !

Importantly for me, I can carry 4 passengers and 4 sets of golf clubs....and not many vehicles can do that.

Hope this helps and Best of luck

Regards

John

Google Mercland Nuneaton. A well respected retailer of Mercs.

Regards

John

Thanks John, I really appreciate it. If I decide to go ahead it will be sometime in early summer. I may not be in a hurry to sell the LS but the two together will take some parking space!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links