Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 Prices

stevet

Been looking at changing the RX for a SC in the spring and prices are a steady rise from 2002 to 2007 upto about £15k then there seems to be a leap after 2008 to £25k. Was there a spec change at 2008 or just simply supply and demand as so few available since 2008?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no real spec change since late 2005. My November 2005 mark 2 (6) speed is just the same as later models. It has the best 6 speed auto box ever made I am convinced of that. So don't think you cant get a mark 2 before 2006 you can. Some are 4 or 5 k cheaper than later models and even have less miles. I wouldn't touch a 5 speed auto model and of course the driving controls and indication is much improved on mark 2 models.

I wouldn't be concerned about the suspension too much as it's the one thing that really needs changing whether it's an early or late model. High mileage or low. Coil-overs and bigger anti-roll bars are the way to go unless you fancy air-ride.

Mine does have a sticker in the service book saying the car is fitted with the uprated suspension. I have driven a later model (2008)and its the same I have drive a 2002 model at its dire.

The ride is fine on mine the road holding is acceptable but the handling is only just... I really wouldn't want to push my car around bends like I can my 4 wheel drive Jag.

I would think a late Mk 2 with better anti roll and coil overs would be an improvement..

Suspension is my next job.

I've acquired a bigger front GS anti roll bar and will fit some MeisterR coil-overs shortly.

The ISF rear anti-roll bar is on the shopping list too but I need to do some checks regarding the links in relation to ride height. I want to drop it but only a little and how much has a bearing on the anti-roll bar links.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links