Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

OK, so this morning, I'm driving along, and someone coming in the opposite direction has swerved onto my side of the road, crossing the white lines, and our mirrors have collided.

The other guy kept driving, and due to traffic, I was unable to catch a plate.

So, mine is now in need of replacement.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a spare (2005 model, preferably gold).

As I rolled back into home, I was left pretty annoyed, and then when I saw the damage, I was seething. Its just not worth claiming on insurance, and will presumably leave me out of pocket for some other persons mistake and also their decision to keep driving away from their responsibility.

Thanks,

Rob

I clipped a Landrover mirror a few months ago whilst driving my works van but I immediately stopped up the road and exchanged details, the owner later rang me after getting a quote and I paid her garage direct for the replacement.

Unfortunately it didn't work out the same for you, all you can hope is that the other driver suffered the same damage.

This is the only one I could find being broken in your colour it's an earlier model but I think the mirrors were the same.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-430-4-3-Premium-Pack-auto-BREAKING-FOR-SPARES-AND-REPAIRS-/111645813511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fe9beb07

Nearly forgot,welcome to the LOC :)

Many thanks Steve.

I've tried contacting that vendor earlier today without luck. Some people may be interested to know, I've asked LexusPartsDirect, and was told by John a new replacement was just short of 600 pounds. Some breakers have the same part for 90 pounds.

That one you've mentioned is particularly ideal, as I may get away without having to spray it; depends.

Thanks for taking the time to post, I appreciate it.

Rgds,

Rob

You might think investing in a camera which watches your front and rear. I paid just £36 for mine on you know where so there can be no arguments as to who did what to who as its there on camera. All you would have had to do is check the video and pick up the reg number give it to your insurance co or trace it yourself through DVLA and hey presto the party to blame is held responsible. As a final thought you could also have reported it to the police with the film they could have done him for not stopping after an accident. Mike.

Hi Mike,

That sounds good. Can you recommend a make / model of camera (I don't want to spend a fortune, and 36 pounds sounds amazing value)? I'm guessing the resolution needs to be reasonably good to be able to pick up license plates?

Thx,

Rob

Hi Mike,

That sounds good. Can you recommend a make / model of camera (I don't want to spend a fortune, and 36 pounds sounds amazing value)? I'm guessing the resolution needs to be reasonably good to be able to pick up license plates?

Thx,

Rob

This is the one I bought. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-In-Car-Vehicle-Dual-Lens-Dashboard-Camera-Video-Recorder-DVR-CAM-/351035675883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51bb5b54eb I thought that the screen would be to small but its not something you worry about as you don't use it. If you need to see what it has recorded you just take out the Storage TF card up to 32GB, SD card is not included and pop it in your lap top or desk top PC and review the files. It records in 5 min section. I have mine set on HD and you will be blown away at the quality this little camera can do. Mike

Thanks Mike. I just had a look at the specs, and I must admit, it does look quite good.

Can I ask, if you were going to do it all again, would you buy the same one? Are there any additional features you wish it had, or do you reckon it does everything practically required?

I don't have any experience whatsoever with these things, so maybe (quite likely) my queries are poor, but I read the specs and thought the duration of video saved might be low (5 minutes), but then I guess if something happens, you should be able to stop it wrapping over itself and losing the important bit?

On a separate note, I had my car keyed a few months ago, and one of the spec items have me rally interested. It talks about motion detection. I'm guessing you could set it to record video and / or photos when detected? But then if you left you car in a busy car park, even though you might catch someone vandalising your car, when other cars drive past looking for a spot, I would have thought this would then cause the video to continue, and eventually write over the bit one might want, hence the 5 minutes buffer in this specific instance wouldn't work.

Curious to know from a practical perspective what you thought?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks Mike. I just had a look at the specs, and I must admit, it does look quite good.

Can I ask, if you were going to do it all again, would you buy the same one? Are there any additional features you wish it had, or do you reckon it does everything practically required?

I don't have any experience whatsoever with these things, so maybe (quite likely) my queries are poor, but I read the specs and thought the duration of video saved might be low (5 minutes), but then I guess if something happens, you should be able to stop it wrapping over itself and losing the important bit?

On a separate note, I had my car keyed a few months ago, and one of the spec items have me rally interested. It talks about motion detection. I'm guessing you could set it to record video and / or photos when detected? But then if you left you car in a busy car park, even though you might catch someone vandalising your car, when other cars drive past looking for a spot, I would have thought this would then cause the video to continue, and eventually write over the bit one might want, hence the 5 minutes buffer in this specific instance wouldn't work.

Curious to know from a practical perspective what you thought?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob. Yes I would buy the same again and in fact my son bought one as well. The quality is amazing. It does everything I would want. I should have also told you it has night sight camera which also is very high quality. I was initially disappointed with the screen size but some of the most expensive in car cameras don't have any screen at all. Its only used to make sure the cameras are lined up both front and back after that its not really needed. The files are of 5 min duration and I am not sure how many files it can hold on a 32GB chip but its hours rather than minutes. Should you be involved in an accident there is a button you hit that saves the file so it cannot be erased and also continues to carry on recording for another 5 mins.

You are correct that there is a motion detector on it but I haven't switched it on so cant tell you if that works or not. I will have a go at the weekend and let you know.

Regards Mike.

PS It was also on 5th gear recently and beat all comers.

Many thanks Mike for taking the time to educate me.

It sounds great, and I'm sold on it. Once I get the car back from the panel shop, this will be the next thing on my "to do" list.

Thanks again,

R

Hello all............. Are these cameras that you recommend hard or easy to fit... I am a bit of a numty when it comes to things like this.. Thank you.

Hello all............. Are these cameras that you recommend hard or easy to fit... I am a bit of a numty when it comes to things like this.. Thank you.

I never fitted mine but it only took them just over an hour. Mike.

Thank you..............who fitted it for you. Cheers Roy

Its an auto electrician that comes to the village garage when needed in Hampshire. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links