Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

On Saturday I was driving up a steep hill and the car suddenly lost power, so much so that I had to drop down to 2nd gear to get me to the top. The Red Triangle warning light with the black ! in it came on as well as the engine management light and the light that shows you have the snow mode turned on. The computer showed "Check VSC).

I ran the car by my mechanic today and he put it on the diagnostic computer and it came up with a fault with the EGR? Can anyone advise why "Check VSC" should show as the error???

Cheers

Sounds like the common (to these diesels) egr fault. it's an easy fix that you can do yourself if you invest a few hours. The fault isn't a fault as such it's the egr is now so caked with carbon build up that it is restricting the recirculated exhaust gases flowing through it . I do mine about every six months or so just to ensure that it stays relatively clean . There is a very good video on youtube of an Irish mechanic showing you what to do and how to do it ( if I can find a link I'll post it on here for you.)

The Check VSC message comes up because the VSC system is not working (it shuts off because of an engine fault).

The engine fault light would be on indicating an engine problem.

The way lexus have given the VSC message such prominence does seem to cause a lot of confusion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links