Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Mark Levinson Audio With Sat Nav 'dvd Error'

Hi,

The DVD loader on my audio unit is not working. It says DVD error and seems to be stuck on bay 2 of the DVD changer (will not let you select another bay).

post-53209-0-90592500-1436878755_thumb.j

Did you load the DVD's yourself or is this on a car you have just bought?

You could try ejecting everything as a start. Then you know all trays are empty.

Assuming there is only 1 disc in there it may just be a copied disc in a duff format. Or does the blue surrounding light mean there is a disc present? Sorry, but my later version is a bit different.

Could be a misfeed at loading point. That's a bit of a bugger to sort but can be done with great care. Does not normally happen on the mk2 is...it was a bit of a problem on the mkI is200.

Generally speaking you'd probably hear it not sounding happy at load point if its a misfed disc.

Hi, Sorry for posting in the wrong section!

Maybe I should have provided a bit more information. It's a 2007 Lexus IS220D.

My DVD changer packed it in and I bought this whole unit off eBay. Everything else works including the radio, except the DVD player.

I don't think the blue lights mean there is a disc in there. Normally when there is a disc in there is a description where the number is.

Sometimes there is a whirring noise when I try to load a disc, before it gives up and the 'DVD error' message comes up.

As you can see in the picture, the slot selected is number 2, it won't let me select another slot, just goes back to 2 if you press another number.

Thanks

I guess there are 2 possibilities

1. The DVD loading device is broken somewhere.

2. It may be a misfed DVD/CD that has slipped between the platters when being loaded. Don't know for sure...its just a hunch.

If it is option 2 then you have to remove the whole lot and open up the player unit. See if there is a DVD/CD jammed in there somewhere. They can be pretty fiddly to extract (i had to do it on my old is200) so extreme patience is called for. Work methodically and take pics (ipad or similar) to assist with putting it all back together.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links