Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Rx400h Buying Advice

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and Lexus. I am planning to buy a used low miles (less than 60k) 2007 model SE RX 400H from a local dealer. Dealer informed me that previous owner purchased it and took it to Ireland. I have seen the service book and it has full Lexus service history but out of the 4 service stamps it has got, last 3 are from Lexus dealer in Kildare, Ireland.

I have got the V5 document reference number and verified MOT history. But, I can see MOT history only for the last 1 year and dealer have told me that is because the car was in Ireland and MOT procedure in Ireland is different to that we have here in England.

Can we verify the mileage by calling Ireland Lexus or is there an easy way to verify if mileage is genuine? Also, would I be able to sell it in future (in couple of years) without any problems? Much appreciated if someone here can advice.

Many Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Dealer said he would get HPI check certificate as part of purchase. But, would HPI check tell us if the mileage is genuine?

I don't think it does ... I'm not saying this is the case but I'm pretty sure when taking a car out of the country & bringing it back you can "loose" a few things, mileage being one & insurance right off being another ... access to all the previous m.o.t's would be a better way to find any mileage anomalies ...

I guess you want to check all the usual things; HPI check, MOT's, AskMID, Service Book, old receipts etc., BEFORE you commit.

A bit more info m8 ... > https://www.hpicheck.com/glossary.html#_Exports

"If a vehicle is exported out of the UK and then is subsequently imported back in,
the record of the export is removed from the vehicle's history by the DVLA.
Therefore the HPI Check is unable to provide information on a vehicle's previous
export status, once it becomes a UK registered vehicle again. HPI is also unable
to provide any information about the vehicles history whilst it was registered
and used abroad."

• Like 2

Hi All,

I have verified the mileage by calling up Ireland Lexus dealership and matches up with the service book. I have also does a HPI check and report shows OK for the period it is in UK. Anything else I need to know before I jump in? Many Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This forum is very helpful indeed.

• Like 1

Have you verified anything prior to it leaving the Uk ?

I personally wouldn't buy it unless I was cast-iron sure about this car with it being an import,

these cars look good even with starship mileage so It would have to be mint, have a lot of paperwork with all the dates etc matching up and be the right price ... you havent given any price details so it's hard to judge,

One thing is when you test drive it, check the condition of the rear brakes as these can be problematic,

(make sure the back wheels are cold after a run) ... I'm sure others will have more tips to add ...

Sound advice above.

Have you seen the car?

The dealer is in the UK but the car is in Ireland?

Is the owner returning to the UK? Just wondering why it's not being sold in Ireland.

When you come to sell it, could it put other buyers off with the history?

Are there other buying options of other cars?

etc...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links