Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problems with Carplay

We get intermittent mobile signal in our town, so I download albums in Tidal app. (Similar to Spotify etc ). However as soon as we lose signal carplay reverts to lexus SatNav map and stops playing. I could understand it if I was streaming the music but I am playing stuff downloaded on my phone in Tidal App. Perhaps I am being a dinosaur but it makes me want to just play Cd's . Anyone help please?

No idea on Tidal but I have a Spotify playlist downloaded on my phone and the Lexus (or any car) has never switched audio source on me while I’m using Spotify via CarPlay. Might be specific to Tidal?

35 minutes ago, eightk said:

No idea on Tidal but I have a Spotify playlist downloaded on my phone and the Lexus (or any car) has never switched audio source on me while I’m using Spotify via CarPlay. Might be specific to Tidal?

Thanks, can I ask if you are using google maps or apple maps, does the screen revert to Lexus own SatNav if you lose signal?

1 hour ago, Marcus63 said:

Thanks, can I ask if you are using google maps or apple maps, does the screen revert to Lexus own SatNav if you lose signal?

I use Spotify and Waze on an Iphone 13 and I do drive in countryside areas with little or no signal but have never had this or my Kia drop out and revert to the factory fitted nav or music. It’s an odd one - I wonder whether there’s a setting in the phone or car that needs changing. Mines 2021 and yours is 2022 so I’d think tech wise they’re identical.
It’s not the cable connection is it? I’ve had problems before with a dodgy connection - I used a paper clip, shut my phone off and dug out a ball of fluff from the inside of the FireWire socket on my phone!

1 hour ago, eightk said:

I use Spotify and Waze on an iPhone 13 and I do drive in countryside areas with little or no signal but have never had this or my Kia drop out and revert to the factory fitted nav or music. It’s an odd one - I wonder whether there’s a setting in the phone or car that needs changing. Mines 2021 and yours is 2022 so I’d think tech wise they’re identical.
It’s not the cable connection is it? I’ve had problems before with a dodgy connection - I used a paper clip, shut my phone off and dug out a ball of fluff from the inside of the FireWire socket on my phone!

Thanks, all good info. Cable is fine, I am working on my phone/Tidal to see if I can sort it out. I have now enabled Siri and updated Tidal app so it works with Siri. An ideal bank holiday project😀.

That fluff in the phone socket does kick the phone out of carplay and the car then reverts to it's native screen - it's done it on my Kia and the Lexus - well worth checking - I even tried a new cable and a wireless carplay adapter (which was rubbish) before I realised what caused it.

Siri must already be enabled for me as it works on mine for making calls via my contacts list. If you also lose google maps and/or apple maps as well as your music app it's got to be either the electrical connection between the car and phone or a car software setting surely... but as far as the car goes I haven't seen anything settings-wise in the menus that'd help.

10 hours ago, eightk said:

I use Spotify and Waze on an iPhone 13 and I do drive in countryside areas with little or no signal but have never had this or my Kia drop out and revert to the factory fitted nav or music. It’s an odd one - I wonder whether there’s a setting in the phone or car that needs changing. Mines 2021 and yours is 2022 so I’d think tech wise they’re identical.

Right, I am going to follow your procedure and see if I can find some fluff!

Humble pie, I think it may be just loose connection between lead and socket within storage compartment. It seems both of the short leads I bought specifically for this purpose suffer from this but an old longer one from a bottom drawer does the purpose. Given all connections a clean with alcohol and checked for fluff. A pair of pliers on the short leads may have done the trick. I have got to know Tidal a little better in the process and its interaction with Siri, so every cloud.....

Bit late in replying but glad it was a simple fix! Most of the leads off amazon etc are junk - I’ve replaced quite a few after they’ve failed to charge. I’ve got some braided ones in both cars now which seem to be lasting better. 

I feel like i''m the only one who still carries around a load of CD's with me lol. 

When the young salesman was first showing me the car, he laughed about the fact it still had a CD player fitted as though it was an old 8-track tape cassette (remember them!) - he seemed somewhat surprised when I told him that's how I listen to my music.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:10 AM, Dingle Dell said:

I feel like i''m the only one who still carries around a load of CD's with me lol. 

When the young salesman was first showing me the car, he laughed about the fact it still had a CD player fitted as though it was an old 8-track tape cassette (remember them!) - he seemed somewhat surprised when I told him that's how I listen to my music.

Better audio from CDs - no compression!

• Like 1

An hour or so drive this weekend and no probs, so hopefully fixed. Ironically the lead I have put in feels cheap and the one I have taken out is a short thick braided type. And CD's definitely superior quality but try telling my daughter that🤣

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links