Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looking at putting a sub in the boot........

got 2x 10" rocky punch xlc......im getting a DLS mono amp to power them,how do i plum in the line level converter to take the feed for the amp......which wires,as i know theres 2 sets going to a rear speaker( i will only need to take a feed from one set,and one speaker....correct)

im also trying to find a supplier of Dynaudio stuff do you know where i can get it......and there fore which speakers would you recomend..........i will ultimately be ripping out the factory headunit.....but not untill someone comes up with a single din facia plate that fits th is200/300

mat

Hey there,

you will usualy need to intercept both pairs of rear speaker wires for most converters...this is not difficult.

Simply splice into them with the four relevant wires from the converter and plug the amp into the other end!;)

You may need a small RCA extension lead if you want to mount the amp on the side of the boot though...the power and ground will obvioulsy be needed...form the Battery and boot chassis respectively, and the remote will have to be a relay job. If you can wait until you change the HU, you will find plumbing in the amp much easier.

The subs should definitely utilise a ported or bandpass design to acheive the sensation of bass in the cabin...I used to run a pair of XLCs myself actually and they are great subs for the money. A DLS amp should do them nicely...what amp is it?

As for Dynaudio, there is a UK retailer for them, and although they are some awesome speakers, there are better out there for the same or less money if you are interested.

I would recommend the Digital Designs 6s and Neo 3 tweeters as they sound very similar to Dynaudios but with more output and for less cash.

If you would like a contact number for either brand I can get you one...just LMK.

Chris:cool:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links