Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone Else Had Discussions Removed ? Or Is It Just Me...

D19AKO

Wanted to see if anyone else had discussions/ topics removed because a moderator has decided it unsuitable and if so what were the reasons?

From this maybe one can learn the complicated dos and donts .

Or are we not allowed to discuss forum rules etc....

Same topic was started yesterday but removed..... lets see if this stays up.

LOL.... I think thats a bit harsh and wont comment to much... previous posts do seem to be good enough /' grown up' for the last 12 months...

Either way if I am grown up enough to own, run and drive a 5ltr V8 then pretty sure Im grown up to post to the likes of you !

Had the same as didn't realise they view talking about the sale/value of cars can be viewed as touting and trying to encourage pm's without paying for the privilege to actually sell on the site.

I use forums all the time and didn't appreciate the detail of that rule as I was asking for advice on value as were you. I can understand why both mine and your posts were removed.

You got some good feedback beforehand though ;)

Had the same as didn't realise they view talking about the sale/value of cars can be viewed as touting and trying to encourage pm's without paying for the privilege to actually sell on the site.

I use forums all the time and didn't appreciate the detail of that rule as I was asking for advice on value as were you. I can understand why both mine and your posts were removed.

Now thats a proper response.... and glad to hear its just not me. I appreciate the rules and the non sale policy for non gold members but really didnt enjoy being censored or even monitored in repsect to discussing if my post was okay. As said yesterday this same thread was removed by Mike for no real reason except for him believing the post was inflammatory - so found that annoying to say least.

Either way still trying to justify keeping the car as a sunday car , buy the wife a load lugger and me run about the dog can chew to bits.

Problem with the car is I find it too damn good !

Now thats a proper response.... and glad to hear its just not me. I appreciate the rules and the non sale policy for non gold members but really didnt enjoy being censored or even monitored in repsect to discussing if my post was okay. As said yesterday this same thread was removed by Mike for no real reason except for him believing the post was inflammatory - so found that annoying to say least.

Either way still trying to justify keeping the car as a sunday car , buy the wife a load lugger and me run about the dog can chew to bits.

Problem with the car is I find it too damn good !

I missed the I flamatory one. Clearly didn't anger me enough. You must try harder! Lol

All forums are moderated to one degree or another. The extent of the moderation is down to both the forum and the individual mods. Some allow more free view and simply lock threads, others remove as soon as disagreements starts. Pistonheads seems to have a very good balance. Being a mod is like being a referee. It's a time absorbing role trying to make sure people adhere to rules and they often get kicked for the privilege! Not easy.

It is a great car. I truly don't believe you can replace it with any other performance Saloon. You need a totally different t car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links