Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible 'oem Look' Drl Solution

BillNick

Hi all,

As you might have seen in a previous post, I wanted to modify the fog light switch on the stork so that it would operate the fog lights without having any other lights on first. I don't believe this can be done without going to a skilled auto electrician and paying their high labour rates.

Sticking with the idea of using LED headlight bulbs in the OEM fog housings to run as DRLs, I found these units sold by TRS to facilitate the auto on/off control for UK MOT regulations:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/morimoto-xchange-switchback-drivers.html#.Vg0rpPlVhBc

Have emailed TRS for fitting advice and they said there are 3 wires on the units requiring input from my car:

1) a 12v feed from ignition (to turn on lights when car is started)

2) a ground

3) a feed from the parking/side light circuit (to turn off power when sidelights are switched on - which is UK regulation for DRLs)

Each of the above is required twice (one for each side) so am I right to be nervous to take 2x live feeds from a given ignition source?

Should I add an inline fuse?

Where would you recommend I take the live feed from so that the lights only come on when the engine is running?

Any other helpful comments are welcomed.

Thanks

Bill

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links