Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

HI everyone,

I had a serious problem. My car won't be able to start. all electric not working. i thought the Battery is gone. i brought a new one and fitted it, however the car is still wont start at all. all the electric till not work. car now cant lock, dash not work. security light not flash. please please help

Thank

Alan

It is almost impossible for all electrical systems to fail at once - it would involve multiple fuses blowing.

I think this must be down to Battery connections, either the Battery terminals themselves not being secure - eg can you just pull the terminals off the Battery (try it - you might be surprised) or the earth point at the body from the Battery -ve terminal may need cleaning and remaking (disconnect the Battery before messing with that connection).

I agree with John.

I'd be looking at the Battery earth connection to the bodywork. This has come up before.

Also check the main fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet. It's a biggun and is a right bugger to change if it's the same fitment as the is200. Anyone tried to give you a jumpstart and got the connections wrong way round?

• 2 weeks later...

my Lexus IS200d is 5 years old, my car failed to start yday evening once I was given a jump start from my shift manager, the car started up, how long should a Lexus Battery normally last?

Am I in my right to go to Lexus under warranty to have the Battery tested/ replaced?

Batteries can last a lot longer, or a lot less, than 5 years (depending on type of use and many other factors). 5 years isn't out of the way and you'll get nowhere with any sort of warranty claim - they'll say 'wear and tear'.

Don't go to a Lexus dealer - they will rip you off.

Get a Bosch Battery - not sure of type for a diesel.

Thanks John. According to Eurocarparts this is the Battery required http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_IS_2.2_2010/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444773357&1&326e4eca45043b10125925620e04ea60aaf4669c&000020 I believe lexus is charging £123 according to their website and comes with 5 year guarantee although if I go eurocarparts I will get discount as my cousin works for them.

I'm borrowing Battery tester off a colleague tomorrow will see what that shows then make a decison.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links