Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing - Independents

mike325112

I've recently been looking at service options as my CT is approaching 60k. I was quite surprised by the cost of a 60k service at a dealers (£450!).

Has anyone found any independent who service hybrids? I'm guessing that it must be broadly the same as a Prius.

I'd be keen to so follow the schedule for the services but £450 for a service on auch a supposedly simple driveline seems very expensive, especially when Toyota only charge £270 for the largest Prius service.

A quick look at the toyota and lexus websites implies the services are almost identical, however, it looks like lexus include the brake fluid change.

Also you need to factor in the hybrid check / warranty and decide if that has any value to you

I have recently purchased a service plan with Lexus. If you'd like to try an independent for a hybrid car, there's a company in Lincoln called Toyotek. I'd guess there are other types of company like this one all over the uk. Might be worth a search.

Mikey so they do the same work, did you check on prices?

As Mike posted above £450ish at Lexus vs £270 at Toyota and about another £40 for the brake fluid so well over £100 cheaper.

Has anyone tried haggling on the service cost at a Lexus dealer

Looking through the schedules they are the same apart from the brake fluid change. Toyota also include a hybrid check. I'm going to have a ring around later, I'll post up my findings.

I don't really think the hybrid check is a "check" as such. They gave me a piece of paper saying it had passed various tests, but in essence its a way for Lexus to give you an extended warranty and build confidence in the longevity of the batteries.

I would imagine that if you had it serviced at Toyota the hybrid check would be pretty worthless - cant see Toyota giving a warranty on a Lexus product, in fact you might even find that Toyota HQ may have mandated that Toyota dealers are prevented from servicing Lexus cars.

As Mike posted above £450ish at Lexus vs £270 at Toyota

Yes but that's a Prius, he hadn't asked price to service 200h. Anyway I remember these posts from back in thew 2000' when I owned four lexus cars and I think one poster even said that the same mechanic did the work but for the Toyota dealership.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links