Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H Key Fob

Hi all.

The key fob on my RX 400h has stopped working, insomuch as the doors will not lock/unlock or the tailgate open/ close, there is no response from the car, by way of beeps or flashing lights, but the key will start the car!!

this is the same for the main and spare fob, the little red LED on the fobs are working.

this happened all of a sudden, no previous hitches.

Any Ideas (please)

HI. Thanks for that but both fobs are the same, and the LED on the fobs light.

But I have ordered a new set of batteries just in case

I would check all the fuses in the car, it sounds like the "receiver" that gets the signal from the fobs is not working. Do you have your owners manual to help you locate the various fuse boxes in the car?

• Like 1

Hi all. Just a quick update. The fault seems to have righted itself, most annoying as I've not found the root cause. After much furtling about, l can find the three fuse in the engine bay, but not the mysterious box in the cabin. I've looked in the passenger well and in the drivers side, as suggested by the manual, but no joy. Am I totally in the wrong area?? Again can anybody help??

Hi

Just a thought.

My daughter's IS200 played up once with the remote locking not working with any of the keys. Fault was finally found to be the house alarm remote button was stuck in in the "pressed" position. Presumably this caused some sort of radio blocking interference.

Hope this could be the answer

JBP

Radio interference is quite common. My wife has to park on the left hand side of her work car park. If she parks up against the building the remotes won't work.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links